Novotel Bristol Centre
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
US$102
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$117
Priceline
US$154
US$113
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$93
Priceline
1,591 results
All reviewssofa bedcar parkexecutive roomtrain stationsauna and steam roomtemple meads stationmini bargood sizechain hotelshort walkreception areabusiness tripper nightexcellent hotelcomfortable stayan upgradecity break
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Novotel for 2 nights from Friday to Sunday. Overall, the hotel was clean, modern and functional with excellent service from all staff with whom we came into contact - even the housekeeping staff. Because the rate we were paying for 2 nights b&b was very reasonable, we accepted the offer on check-in of an upgrade to an Executive room for £15 per night but the room was more suited to a single traveller than a couple - just 1 drawer and 1 floor level cupboard is not enough for 2 people staying 2 nights. My wife bagged the only drawer so I had to keep all my clothes in the suitcase; not good enough I'm afraid. Also, the bath was way too short - couldn't lie down in it. For an Executive room, I expected to be able to lie out and relax in a bath after a hard day's walking round Bristol rather than have to sit up. Also, there was no grab handle so my wife found getting out of the bath was difficult - we are not oldies! Were it not for these 'issues' we would have rated our stay as 5 blobs and would definitely stay again when next in Bristol. Finally, we asked the hotel to recommend a restaurant - they suggested Marco's Olive Tree which is about 200 yards from the hotel - great choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
TimHowes, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Thank you for your kind comments, we will continue to work on the coveted 5th blob! We hope to see you again soon. Tim Howes, General Manager

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Stayed here in a large group for a stag weekend. Was presently surprised when we arrived to the hotel to see how clean and modern it was! Had underground parking which was a huge help also. Check in was quick and easy with no problems at all. Got up to our room which were again clean, modern and well lit. Shower was good quality and bathroom was very nice, we then visited the hotel bar before going out for the night. Price of a beer was a little more expensive then a few of the places around but we expected this in a hotel bar. Hotel was a short walk away from the Bristol night life which was very handy. Checked out again in the morning with no problems, we didn't eat here as the prices seemed a bit expensive at £3 for toast but that didn't taint the experience at all and we were all very happy with our stay and will return again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope that you had a great stag weekend in Bristol. Tim Howes, General Manager

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I travelled to the Novotel in Bristol for a single night in April and though a simple hotel it was a very clean room with a good bed and decent amount of space. Service at the desk was polite and helpful both in the evening of arrival and the morning of departure.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Tim Howes, General Manager

Reviewed 22 April 2013

We parked beneath this modern hotel and were greeted in reception by friendly staff. Our spotless room was large and brightly lit, the king-size bed was snug with good quality fresh linen, and there was plenty of hot water in the well-fitted bathroom. The buffet breakfast, included in the room price, offered a good choice of 'full English' items and a continental selection, plus a healthy option of fresh and dried fruits, cereal and yogurt.
Drinks in the bar were expensive (show me a city centre chain hotel where are not). Apart from breakfast we didn't eat in the hotel, however the menu seemed varied and interesting.
The location was central for the train station, shopping centres, tourist attractions, and the restaurants around the floating harbour.
I'd definitely stay here again. My one complaint was the lack of free wifi. I didn't feel inclined to pay £10 to connect my net book to the tv for internet use, and found it a considerable inconvenience to walk 10 minutes to find the nearest coffee shop so I could use the free wifi there.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
TimHowes, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Thnak you for taking the time to post your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be offering a complimentary WiFi service from June. Tim Howes, General Manager

Reviewed 20 April 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Novotel in April for one night and I have absolutely no complaints. The hotel was clean, the food was great and the staff were friendly. I've stayed in many well known hotel chains in city centres and this stands out as one that hasn't been neglected like many other are. The location is fantastic in Bristol city centre and we won't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter than those at the front if you like to sleep with a window open.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
TimHowes, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments, we look forward to seeing you again soon. Tim Howes, General Manager