Novotel Bristol Centre
US$94
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$97
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$126
US$85
PremierInn.com
1,578 results
All reviewssofa bedcar parkexecutive roomtrain stationsauna and steam roomtemple meads stationmini bargood sizechain hotelshort walkreception areabusiness tripper nightexcellent hotelcomfortable stayan upgradecity break
FilterAll languages
An Accor traveller
Carmarthen
Reviewed 23 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Reviewed 22 August 2013

The location is really good and within easy walking distance of the town centre, bars, restaurants, etc.

Reception staff:
Excellent. Professional, helpful, friendly and efficient.

Bedroom:
Bed large and comfy.
Wardrobe had about 8 hangers which we coped with but a couple more would have been very helpful! Why do hotels cut back on such cheap, basic items?
There were several shelves which was very useful and necessary considering the short supply of hangers.
The bathroom door didn't shut so we had to wedge it closed with a toilet bag.
There was plenty of tea, coffee, etc to make our own hot drinks.
Unfortunately there was only one comfy chair in the double room so one of us had to use the desk chair - a bit uncomfortably if you spend any significant time in the room or have room service.
The gym was on the floor above our room and on the final day someone was using the treadmill which would have been pretty annoying if you were having a sleep in or during the evenings when relaxing in the bedroom.
Generally though the room was large, well laid out and pretty comfortable.

Dining Area:
We only had breakfast so I can't comment on the quality of lunch / dinner. However the dining room was bright, well laid out and comfy.

Dining Staff:
OK but not always helpful or interested in resolving problems or responding to issues raised by customers.
Not sure who, if anyone, was meant to be managing or in charge of either the dining room and/or kitchen staff but they were totally ineffective.
Staff shortages and / or poor training is not a good means of saving money, it simply annoys the paying customer and gets the hotel a bad reputation.

Food:
Most days we ate breakfast very early (7a.m.) when it was quiet so there was plenty of everything. However one day we ate much later and the staff just couldn't be bothered doing their job, shortages of everything, and generally a waste of our time and money.
Cutlery on 'laid' tables was missing.
Plates on the 'cold' hotplate were stained with food from the previous user (i.e. not washed properly - food hygiene is obviously NOT a priority!).
Large amounts of food were running out or missing completely e.g. cereals, bread, hot food, condiments, etc.
When staff were approached for assistance they simply shrugged their shoulders and weren't interested.

Parking:
There are limited spaces in the underground car park (£10.00 additional charge) and this was made worse by some people deciding they needed 2 spaces for their precious car - bet they only paid for one space though!

Because of the problems in the dining room re staff and especially 'food' I've only scored 1 for cleanliness as I believe any professional establishment providing food should treat all aspects of food hygiene as a TOP priority. What I saw was bad enough leading me to question what standards apply in the 'closed' kitchen area.

Overall the hotel was ok. Parking was expensive and limited. We would certainly skip breakfast/dining in future.

Room Tip: Avoid the room under the gym. Eat early if you need to use the dining room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I would like to re-assure all guests that the health and safety of our guests is the top priority for us and I shall investigate your comments fully, Tim Howes, General Manager

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Have stayed in a number Accor hotels in recent times and a member of the Loyalty programme so choosing the Novotel in Bristol should have been a good option. On arrival I found the front of house staff extremely polite, helpful and friendly. I had prepaid and was offered an upgrade to executive room for £15 - which I took. Service was good in the bar and breakfast food good and in a relaxed atmosphere. However, the room left much the be desired. Firstly the room did not have that Crisp fresh feel that I normally expect - little attention seemed to have been paid to the bed looking fresh - the cover looked like the bed had been rolled on before our arrival. However, the room, for an executive room seemed tired and cramped. With two of us in the room it was difficult to easily move around. The bedside tables were so small the phone took up most of the space. But it was the bathroom that was a bigger concern. Tiles were loose on the wall, the bathroom towel rail was loose and the basin plug lever of little use and just fitted through a hole on the mastic. The shower mixer did not allow for a cool shower and even on the lowest temperature setting the water was far too hot. Finally the towels, although clean had seen better days and were somewhat hard on feel. All in all the rooms and quality need some serious attention if I am to stay in the Bristol Novotel the next time I come Bristol.

Room Tip: Check room before you accept the one on offer
1  Thank Anthony1910
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased that you were impressed by the standard of service you encountered in the hotel. With regard to your room, I am sorry that you found certain things wrong, if you would kindly let me know what room number you occupied I will be able to investigate fully. My email address is tim.howes@accor.com. Tim Howes, General Manager

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Have stayed at this hotel four times over the past five years. Always found it clean and comfortable. Staff are always pleasant. Unlike many hotels the air conditioning actually works so you can sleep in temperature that is comfortable. Most other hotels I find far to hot to get a decent sleep.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you for your kind comments, I am of course delighted that you enjoy staying with us and we hope to see you back again soon. Tim Howes, General Manager

Reviewed 15 August 2013

We were booked there for 3 nights by a friend. The staff were nice and helpful, the room is big and clean, wifi is free and breakfast is very good and more than adequate. Dinner at the hotel restaurant is nice with delicous food and outstanding service. We had the 'Do not Disturb' sign by the door every time we leave the room during our entire stay and when we came back there is always a transparent bag of fresh towels and shampoo/body gel left by the door. I have been to many hotels (from 2 - 4 stars but only started reviewing last year) and this is the first time that I had seen this done by housekeeping which I consider to be great. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Thank you for your kind comments, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. My team, in particular our Housekeeping Manager will be very pleased that you appreciated this aspect of our service. Tim Howes, General Manager