“A night in Bristol”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“A night in Bristol”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Good centrally located hotel - room good size (would have preferred to be a few floors higher up but was fine). Easy to get to everything in the centre and managed to get opposite, bar &
restaurant really nice design. Staff also very friendly.

I travel a lot & am used to minibars and price list but this one only had 4 small bottles of water in a fridge & could not find any price list for it so made the mistake of thinking it was complimentary. Not so - got charged £10 on check out - annoying as I had just been past a shop 5 mins away and didn't buy a litre for 50p as thought it was free water. Also tried to charge me x 2 for breakfasts on the basis that there was two of us in the room despite only ordering 1 coffee and 1 omelette (approx £27,00) Managed to resolve but was in a rush for a meeting so this issue (& cost for water) was not a great end to the trip.

Room Tip: Higher floors would have been nicer but overall a good hotel. water in room is not complimentary (ma...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff to be friendly. Please accept my apologies for the errors with the billing. Tim Howes, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Burnham-On-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Live some 35 miles from bristol , so if we have a function or party we stay here. Basic , comfortable, clean , convenient and consistent and good value.
Bed comfy , less thN 10 mins walk to main sites in bristol.
Staff were brilliant , especially in the bar , which on Friday night was open past 130am
Breakfast is probably the best I have had in a uk hotel , even better if it's offered ah half price.
Looking forward to going back soon

Room Tip: Ask for one with a walk in shower if travelling as a couple
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon. Tim Howes, General Manager
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I put my family in here for one night only as they were coming down to help me celebrate my birthday and then decided to join them for the night as well, All three of my guests really enjoyed their stay and said they would love to stay there again. My only problem was the bathroom, I found it a bit on the small side. Breakfast was good though, £10 for 24 hr parking I thought was very reasonable for Bristol. Room service was a bit slow but I suppose it was 2am. Couldn't have a glass of wine as bar was closed only a bottle. By the time the room service arrived and was paid for (the machine would not connect) my hot chocolate was cold. I used to work in hotels and was disappointed in the quality of the room service. You have 10/10 from my family though.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for your comments, I am delighted that your family enjoyed their stay with us. Please accept my apologies about the poor room service you received. Tim Howes, General Manager
Menai Bridge
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Large room. Good hairdryer, tea & coffee facilities, tv etc. Well stocked bathroom. Comfy King sized bed. Excellent restaurant, well catering for the solo diner - the tv and headphones was a winner with me! Food quality and choice was fantastic. Good breakfast. Noticed xbox in the reception area for those staying with children/teenagers. I would certainly stay here again on business or pleasure.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you will visit us again. Tim Howes, General Manager
Bidford-on-Avon, England
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

After booking on late rooms.com for only £70 we were very pleasantly surprised. With our 1 year old we had a very large bedroom, very clean, all amenities, and great service. We did however have some neighbours from hell, but after ringing reception they dealt with it within 10 minutes. Had room service and the food was amazing, and the childrens menu was brilliant for the price considerong the size of ALL 3 COURSES!! Breakfast was brilliant, something for everyone. Upon checking out I told the receptionist our stay was perfect altho next door were a pain, I explained it wasnt the hotels fault as they dont know what their guests are going to be like, but she still preceeded to waver our breakfast and parking. Definatly surprised. Was absolutely perfect for a city break, and will be going back in the new year for sure!

• Stayed November 2013
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for your review, I am delighted that your enjoyed your stay with us and that you plan to return next year. Tim Howes, General Manager
Truro
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Central location, ideal for arriving by car or train. Parking underneath the hotel and and only £10 for 24 hours.

Nice evening meal, adequate room although felt a little harassed by the cleaning staff waiting outside. Told you have room until noon but workman knocked on door and immediately let himself in at 10am! He didn't wait for me to get to the door.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I can confirm that our check out time is midday and I am sorry your were disturbed in this way. Tim Howes, General Manager
Weybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This was the second time we stayed at this hotel. It is convenient to walk into Bristol for the harbourside as well as for the central shopping. On this occasion, it was a five minute walk to Temple Meads Station and we took the train to Bath for the day [15 minutes each way - £7 day return]
The hotel is clean and efficient though they need to watch things do not deteriorate as some of the decor is getting a bit worn. We had breakfast on both days of our stay [included in the price] and there was a good selection of both hot and cold food on the buffet. On weekdays, it is served until 9.30am and they do clear up promptly at this time though they do check with you that you are happy for them to start.
Note that there is a charge of £10 per day to park the car in their underground car park

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Tim Howes, General Manager