“my visit to bristol”

GreenLeadersBronze level
auckland
“my visit to bristol”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

On returning to my car after making an enquiry for a room I fell over the sloping curb outside of the hotel entrance. The resulting two severely sprained wrists meant the day I had to spend in Bristol was spent lying down in pain. The remaining two weeks I had as an international vistor in the UK has been ruined by the ongoing pain and need for splints on both wrists. The hotel manager's response to my predicament was focussed entirely on limiting any possible claim he thought I might make against the hotel. I had and still have no intention of making a claim against the hotel. I had hoped for some assistance in cleaning my coat smeared from the fall and an offer of accommodation to ease the diffculty I was facing in looking for a room in an unknown city while injured and encumbered with luggage. All I got was a conversation about the hotel's need to avoid any potential liability. Hopefully the management will take a serious look at the kerb and do something to avoid someone else hurting themselves. I won't stay in a Novotel place again ever.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank hollyAuckland
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We take health and safety very seriously and have assessed the paving outside the hotel and found that it is fit for purpose. I take issue with how you have portrated the nature of our conversation in your review. I am sure other guests will appreciate that when I receive a call out of the blue and someone completely unknown to us is asking for a free room, I am obliged to take a cautious approach, particularly as you did not report the incident a the time but waited until the following day. I am sorry that you have been left with a negative impression of Novotel. Tim Howes, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I have stayed here on a few occasions and to date haven't had a bad stay. I wouldn't say I am wowed by anything but equally you could do a lot worse.
The check in was slick, the room is exactly what you expect from a chain hotel with the usual amenities. The main issue is that it lacks any sort of personality but then again that may be comforting as you know what you are getting.
The room was clean and modern, the breakfast was exactly what you expect (a self service buffet) & the evening meal good value (I had the three course for £21 deal) if you have the offer.
The real positive was the restaurant staff who were attentive & very polite throughout.
The hotel is nice & close to the city centre (5/10 min walk) & offers car parking at a cost.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank soundbites30
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank you for your kind comments, especially regarding our restaurant staff, who will be delighted to know their efforts are appreciated. Tim Howes, General Manager
Devon
Reviewed 2 February 2014

What stands out about the Novotel is that everyone gives good service and is to be commended. I would, however, like to make special note of two dining room hostesses, Kasia and Elisa. They do their jobs with the utmost professionalism but what is more important to me is the smile on their faces when they greet me in the morning. They are so friendly, cheerful and accommodating! I use the Novotel for many reasons, but it is the presence of these ladies which makes my visits to the restaurant so enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RogerDevon
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for your review, I was delighted to read your comments about our staff. We look forward to welcoming you again soon. Tim Howes, General Manager
Wallasey
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for business last week, easy to find, park, room service was nice and all the staff were superb. Looked and acted proud to be there. Most of them French/European, but spoke good English. Great stay!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your comments about our staff, which I will ensure they all see. Tim Howes, General Manager
London
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We spent a Saturday night at this hotel with two children under the age of two. Excellent room, staff very helpful and proactive bringing in a cot. Cleaning OUTSTANDING, the room was spotless, Breakfast was excellent and good value.

Staff friendly and helpful. Parking was under the hotel which was very handy as torrential rain at the time.

I recommend this hotel to anyone, paid £100 including parking and breakfast, excellent value

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you also for your recommendation. Tim Howes, General Manager
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a two night stay with husband and 14 yr old son. Hotel was spotless, room very comfortable and even though we were overlooking the main road it was very quiet. Very good choice for breakfast, enough to fill you up until tea time! Novotel's policy of child prices up to age 16 is excellent as not many hotels in the area were offering family rooms. I would definitely return and recommend to others!

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Pennaeth
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you very much for your review and recommendation, we are very proud of our family friendly policy. Tim Howes, General Manager