“Pleasantly surprised”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chester
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Novotel for one night in March for business. After reading some other travellers reviews I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised.

The car parking is a good semi underground lay out with reasonable spaces. It was a little confusing getting up to reception. The only issue I had with the hotel was with the reception staff who we're not very friendly or helpful, however check in was reletively painless. The room was clean and comfortable with good decor and I liked the bathroom. I ordered room service which arrived quickly (even if they did forget the desert) and was very nice. I slept well and check out was also a painless process. Overall, I have stayed in nicer 4 stars in Bristol closer to the centre but this one was clean and comfortable and good value for money.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank eagertoseetheworld
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for your review, I am very pleased that your experience surpassed your expectations and we hope to welcome you again soon. Tim Howes, General manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in march we chose this hotel purely because it was close to the train station we was here to watch dirty dancing at the hippodrome, I was a bit worried about the walk but turns on it wasn't even a 10 min walk was great. The staff were lovely and friendly everything was spotless I couldn't find a fault. Would most definitely stay again!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Arthy93
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Tim Howes, General Manager
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Bedroom was better than expected. Everything was to hand. Had a buffet dinner same evening. Good choices of meals. Fancy a 3 course dinner for £19.95 and this was unlimited! the price included a drink too! Would go again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for your review, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and in particularyour dinner in Elements Restaurant. Tim Howes, General Manager
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I was looking forward to staying in this hotel again , having stayed here 7 years ago. However, what a disappointment it has been. The reception upsold to us the executive room when we checked in. Despite that, the bed was small and the mattress felt that it had little support. Carpet was stained and aircon felt very hot even though it was set at 10 degree. Despite a feedback about the aircon, there was little improvement. This is sad as I had such fond memories of this place. When I checked in 7 years ago, the first thing that greeted me when I.checked in was a welcome msg on the room t v screen. There were many small touches which made me feel very welcome. Alas this was not to be in my recent stay. For the price which we paid for we could hv gotten better deal elsewhere. So despite good memories, the hotel fell short in many aspects. The hotel needs refurbishment.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your feedback, I will review your comments with my team. I am sorry that you were disappointed by certain aspects of your stay. Tim Howes, General Manager
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Booked as 2 night break in Easter hols with family, 2 adults, 2 kids (11 and 13). It was good value. The room was adequate size with large sofa bed for kids and a kingsize. I found the bed and pillows a bit hard and the room was really hot even with windows open. The air con didn't appear to do much and was very noisy however, being rainy April didn't need it But overall a well equipped clean fairly comfortable room. Hotel is walking distance to centre of Bristol and many attractions.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for chosing our hotel for your family break, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Tim Howes, General Manager
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This hotel is almost on the Station doorstep so perfect location if you are passing through as we were.
Hotel staff were very friendly and efficient.
We were upgraded to an executive room which would be very nice for a longer stay, with free wi fi, & ipod doc.
The bathroom had discreet bath & shower. However, a bit worn and fixtures need refreshing. My husband had to take the plug out to get the water out of the sink & I had to call him in to turn on the shower as it was stuck fast! The tap in the sink felt like it was loose from the wall.
Breakfast was very good. However, we got down at 10.00 and as a Sunday it was open till 11.00 but the staff were very quick to fill up white bread etc.
It was a bonus to have the room till 12.00 as our train was lunchtime and we had been up since 4.00 am the day before.
I would recommend this hotel for an overnight stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marlene M
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for your review, I am sorry about the problems you experienced in your bathroom, however thank you for your recommendation. Tim Howes, General Manager
Reviewed 29 March 2014

this was my 2nd stay here, and it was just as good. Convenient to Bristol rail station,modern rooms,clean,all amenities, comfy, and great staff. Stayed here before a flight from BRS last year, and this year, Easyjet cancelled a flight ;-( and put us up for one night at mercure, where the staff were less than pleased to have us! At the mercure the staff was rude even though they had a contract w easyjet. Even though mercure was supposed to put us up for 3 days they kicked us out after 1 night, so I had to book and pay for new accommodation, and and goodness for the Bristol Novotel. I will return here again, whenever am going to Bristol, or taking flight from Bristol airport.
So very glad the Bristol Novotel had room, and btw they were kind, courteous, and this was a much better value than the mercure!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maproot
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for your kind review and for your recommendation, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Tim Howes, General Manager