“Family trip to Bristol”

Novotel Bristol Centre
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The hotel was easy to find, with excellent secure parking and easy access via a lift to the hotel reception. We were going to Vegefest and the hotel was a very central base for the Harbourside and also for Cabot Circus for a little retail therapy with the kids.
The family room was a good size, not too hot as a lot of hotel rooms can be, and the breakfast was excellent. We would stay again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Tim Howes, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,531)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I spent two nights at the Novotel Bristol, and were completely satisfied with everything that we found there.
A reasonably large room, which was clean, comfortable, and equipped with tea/coffee making facilities (including an espresso machine).
The Bose docking station was a nice touch too.
En-suite facilities were better than some 5 star hotels.
Staff were very helpful, friendly, and courteous.
Breakfast choices were good, and food was very good.
We did not eat lunch or dinner at the hotel, so I can't comment on the food available at these times.
Check-in and check-out was a pleasure.
The Novotel will be my first choice of hotel should I ever have cause to visit Bristol again in the future.
Off road, secure parking is available (at extra cost), and can be booked in advance, or on arrival.

Room Tip: Turn the heater down (or off) on arrival.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your recommendation, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found everything to your satisfaction. Tim Howes, General Manager

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Came down for a wedding in the area so I stayed for a night. After having travelled for a long time and arriving after midnight, it was lovely to be welcomed by a comfortable large bed and spacious room. I slept very well. The breakfast buffet and room service menu is quite expensive but I decided to order room service for branch. I ordered the Asian sticky beef, it was nice but it didn't taste Asian and wasn't sticky - which is what I was looking forward to. A member of staff came up to see it and said that's how the chef normally makes it. She let me finish the rest anyway and offered me a free desert, I ordered the brownies and ice cream, it was delicious. I would recommend this hotel and thank you to the lady for being very attentive.

• Stayed: March 2014
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry that the Asian Sticky Beef was not as you had wished and I have shared your comments with my head chef. I am pleased that we were able to make it up to you with a free dessert. I am delighted that otherwise you enjoyed your stay with us. Tim Howes, General Manager

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Arrived to a welcome from the hotel staff, rooms were very clean and tidy, all the staff we spoke to were friendly and helpful.
We had a snack and a few drinks in the hotel Bar, food was good and Drinks reasonable.
Good location for both shops and waterside. Would definitely use this hotel again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you very much for your recommendation, we look forward to welcoming you again soon. Tim Howes, General Manager

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Returned this spring after an aborted attempt last autumn. Very good location, easy to get to by both car and train. Good car parking. Well placed for access to city centre, restaurants and bars and especially railway station. Good for city transport, bus stops right outside hotel and water buses next to railway station. Long term road works outside hotel was not a problem, but be aware as situation changes weekly. Hotel room and all other areas very clean and modern. Bed a bit on the hard side and the pillows and bedding could benefit from something of a higher quality and style to match the Hotels four star rating. We arrived on Sunday lunchtime and the check-in desk was very busy checking out the previous night’s guests who made the most of their late check-out option. The buffet breakfasts had a good selection and were of high quality, being regularly replenished. My wife especially liked the pancake making machine with maple syrup for breakfast. It was one of the highlights of her stay.

Room Tip: Be careful when using the hotel car park, only part of the underground car park is allocated for Hot...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your anniversary at our hotel, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Tim Howes, General Manager

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Over the last 12 months have had the pleasure of staying at this hotel over a period of 8. Finished my last visit today. Rooms very basic but that is all you need for sleeping in. My compliments go to the staff in the bar and restaurant. They were superb, very friendly, had time for a bit of banter, but not over the top. Food was more varied over the last couple of visits which may the evening more interesting. Can you please pass on my thanks to the staff concerned

Room Tip: If possible ask for the front, the rear of the building has no sun and quite boring
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us during the last year. I was delighted to read your comments about our staff and I have of course shared your review with all concerned. Tim Howes, General Manager

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I booked his hotel last minute for a trip away. We arrived early and although could not check in until 2, we could leave our suitcase which was convenient as we wanted to go into the town centre and there was no charge for this.
The hotel is about a five minutes walk from Bristol Temple Meads station and about ten minutes from the Bristol Hippodrome and town centre.
Upon check in we were offered a room upgrade to the 'Executive rooms' for £15, we paid for this and we really loved the room. It was spacious and the bathroom had a bath and a separate shower cubicle. I am aware that the hotel only has a select number of rooms with baths in them so I am not sure if is is only limited to the Executive rooms. The bed was comfortable and there was a nice big flag screen tv in the room with free view channels I think, and there was also an iPod docking station which we could make use of and also free wifi.
We did not make use of the breakfast in the hotel, there is a JD Wetherspoons next to the station which we used instead. The hotel is not what you would expect from the outside, it is spacious inside and the service we received was fantastic. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you very much for your recommendation, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Tim Howes, General Manager