Novotel Bristol Centre
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$93
US$155
US$124
Bristol Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$77
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$127
US$97
Travelocity
1,578 results
All reviewssofa bedcar parkexecutive roomtrain stationsauna and steam roomtemple meads stationmini bargood sizechain hotelshort walkreception areabusiness tripper nightexcellent hotelcomfortable stayan upgradecity break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2010

I stay at this hotel weekly and it is a very clean and well run hotel. The staff are warm and friendly and the food is excellent.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2010

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards, Patrick Chmielewski - General Manager

Reviewed 26 August 2010

Receptionist on arrival could not understand that my room had been prepaid and wanted to charge me again for my 5 night stay. First room allocated was not suitable. No couch, No shelves and no drawers. Management agreed that it was only suitable for and overnight stay and not for the time that I had booked. I was given another room and that was acceptable.
Reception area looks as though it has had most of the furnishings removed -- very spartan.
Breakfast buffet had a large selection and most of it was OK.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2010

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them. Kind regards, Patrick Chmielewski - General Manager

Reviewed 23 August 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights in July en route home to Glasgow from Cornwall with my wife and 3 young boys (ages 7,5 and 2). We used the Bristol Novotel as a base to go to Longleat Safari park and Bath (both reviewed separately) and were pretty pleased with our stay.

We had a family room with a double bed, fold down sofa bed (which is actually two single camp style beds) and travel cot. The room was clean, spacious and, unlike the other two novotels, had air con and a fridge. On the downside, as there is a lot of room there is not a lot of storage space for clothes (esp for a family of five), the TV reception in the room was pretty poor and the shower screen could have done to be a bit bigger (resulting in wet and very slippy tiled floor) - but overall we were very happy with the room.

We had stayed in the Novotel in Coventry and Manchester during this trip, (as you can book rooms using Tesco vouchers at Novotel with a minimun 2 night stay), and found the Bristol hotel to be the best of the lot. Check in and out was straight forward and courteous and found the staff as a whole to be very friendly and helpful.

The hotel location is excellent, only 10 minute walk from the city centre and the hop on hop off bus tour has a stop right outside the hotel. Reception can provide you with a street map to help you find your way around. Bristol itself is a nice city but maybe not the best place for a young family on a Saturday night as there were a lot of adult parties out in the city centre, but the waterfront makes for a very nice walk in the evening.

Food in the hotel was overall very good, plenty to choose from at breakfast and a good selection for all the family. The only niggle is why they didn't have baby seats sitting ready to be used - the waitress had to go and hunt for one every morning - not great with a cranky baby ! We had dinner there one evening and although a bit expensive it was reasonable for a city centre hotel. The choice was varied for adults and kids and most importantly tasty and well made. The kids were given activity packs to keep them amused and were treated very well by the staff who were again friendly and attentive at all times.

The only major bug bear about this hotel is the parking costs - £10 per day and that is the residents rate - Coventry was only £3 for the entire stay ! A bit annoying to settle your bill and still have this to pay.

Overall a pleasent stay and should I be back in the Bristol area I would look to book again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please rest assured that I will take note of your comments and the matter will be addressed. I hope we can welcome you back to the Novotel in Bristol very soon. Kind regards, Patrick Chmielewski - General Manager

Reviewed 17 August 2010

A fairly standard Novotel, beds were comfy and rooms quite spacious. A 10 minute walk to the city centre, An underground car park is payable to the hotel at £10 per day, anyone with a big car will have to manouvre carefully as the spaces were tiny. Breakfast was good, and we enjouyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2010

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Novotel Bristol Centre again very soon. Kind regards, Patrick Chmielewski

Reviewed 10 August 2010

Stayed here for a Friday and Saturday night. Booked the hotel on internet via a third party website and got double room for £71/night not including breakfast when the rate at the hotel was £169/night so worth looking about for good deal.
The location is excellent and 10 minutes walk from Cabot Circus and Broadmead. The harbour is about 15 minutes walk in the other direction.
Parked at the hotel for £10 per day which I don't think is unreasonable. We didn't eat at the hotel so cannot comment but the restaurant looked ok. There is a Starbucks on the same street towards the city centre so used that for breakfast and there are numerous other place to eat within walking distance.
The room was a good size along with the bathroom but there was only a shower in the room and no bath which was disappointing. I'm not sure if that is the same with all the rooms. The bed was a little hard but otherwise comfortable and the A/C in the room was adequate but could have been a little colder.
Overall, for a weekend away and as a base to sightsee or shop, I would certainly recommend this hotel but only if you can get a rate cheaper than the hotel's own advertised one.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2010

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please rest assured that I will take note of your comments. I hope we can welcome you back to the Novotel Bristol Centre very soon. Kind regards, Patrick Chmielewski - General Manager