“Very accommodating just a shame it was so far away!!”

Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Bristol
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Very accommodating just a shame it was so far away!!”
Reviewed 16 May 2011

We booked the hotel through a hen party organization for 2 nights as a package it was fabulous value for money!!

Breakfast was basic (good for free) they ran out of hot food both mornings but manages to steal the last of the sausage on the last day which was highly needed after my night out :0D

The rooms were small but I was surprised on the second day to see it had been cleaned with fresh towels. Didn't think it would be with us only staying two nights

I loved the fact there were extra condiments in reception and even ice which helped with the champagne my mum bought us :0D

The hotel staff were all accommodating even when we were rowdy with a stag party until 5am Sunday morning they stayed and made us most welcome!!

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Jenmaf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Turkish first
Montreal
Reviewed 3 May 2011

The room was up to Holiday Inn standards for the price. Spacious, comfortable and clean. It was, thankfully close to an excellent pub for dinner. The breakfast was terrible. Inedible beans, breads, juices that were not mixed, and something called coffee???? They really need to change their catering manager.

Room Tip: Bring your own breakfast.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Bristol
Reviewed 16 March 2011

My colleagues and I are staying at this hotel for eight weeks and though the hotel is designed for the short stay traveller our expectations for a long term stay have been met. Friendly and helpful staff has made us feel welcomed already and though we are new to Bristol they have given advice and direction on how to achieve the most during are time off.

Clean and spacious rooms have allowed my team to fully relax and though it is situated next to a main road route in and out of Bristol I have achieved a quiet and good night’s sleep.

Close to Bristol City Centre and Cribs Causeway, an entertainment park and shopping mall, there is plenty of activities to keep you occupied. As an express hotel there is no restaurant, gym facilities etc but there is a good pub next to the hotel and guests can use the gym facilities in the main Holiday Inn close by for a nominal fee. Amenities I have found useful inside the hotel include a bar and free Wi-Fi.

The only improvement to be made is a wider choice at breakfast but for the short stay traveller it will be sufficient

Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2011

The hotel is very convenient for my work, so is a natural choice for me. This is a no-frills, business-type hotel with no restaurant of it's own, but with a popular pub/restaurant only a "paper aeroplane's flight away" by the large car park! Also there's a Sainsbury's just across the road - so evening self-catering is possible! Near the bar there are a few easy chairs near some large TV screens serving as a lounge (with free wi-fi) and an adjacent area of seats and tables which doubles as a breakfast area in the morning.

Self-service breakfast is included in the rate, offering croissants, cereals, toast, jams, fresh fruit, yoghurt, teas, coffee etc. There's also hot food in the shape of scambled egg and sausages. Although nice, it's ALWAYS scambled egg and sausages!! After a few days this does get boring. It would not take much to vary this. Who knows maybe even with some bacon, grilled tomatoes, hash browns etc. on occasion!

The rooms, although not large are perfectly adequate, being comfortable and spotlessly clean (including the "bathroom" with a lovely, reliable, shower). They also have very comfortable beds - with firm and soft pillows. Chargeable wi-fi available in the bedrooms. Free would be nice.

Often it's the staff who make (or break) a hotel, so it's nice that everyone here is very welcoming, helpful and friendly (even helping order take-away meals!), making the stay a pleasure.

Tyne and Wear
Reviewed 8 March 2011

This place had everything we wanted for a couple of nights stay for myself 26 my partner 23 and my two girls 16 months and 3 months.
The rooms where spacious and very comfortable, the beds where so good I wanted to take them home with me. Plenty of complementary Tea's and Coffee’s in the room and a maid service every day with fresh bedding and towels. The shower was powerful and hot and there were plenty of complementary shower gels and soaps.
I was not aware that a breakfast was included so it was a great bonus when I arrived and was told Breakfast was served at 7. Although basic it was very enjoyable, apparently the breakfast is complementary so you don’t normal expect much for free but this was great. Hot Sausages and scrambled egg, plenty of pastry's and cereals and as much a toast and drinks you could want. There was also fruit and yogurts available. This really set me and my family up for the day, especially my 1 year old who loves scrambled egg.
Any questions I needed answered where answered quickly by the very friendly staff, they were happy to book me a taxi and give me access to an iron and ironing board.
The Drinks prices are reasonable and I like the fact we were able to take them to our room.
The only down side was that I could not use the WIFI service in the room, this was charged at an extra price, however I could sit in the lobby and use it there if I wished for free.
Overall Fantastic I could not praise them anymore and I will definitely return some point in the future.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I stayed twice at the Holiday Inn Express in Bristol North during March 2011. The hotel is rather having a simple set up, but it is offering the things you need and in the total it provides a very good value for money. The personnel is very kind and efficient.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2011

I stayed 2 nights with my 2 daughters aged 13 and 17. Check in was easy, we got the best rate on the hotel's own website. Everywhere was clean, the complimentary breakfast was excellent with a choice of drinks , croissants, cereals , sausage , scrambled eggs, lots of fresh fruit. Staff very helpful. Superb value for a budget hotel, not too far from the city centre

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family