“First time staying here,could not fault the place.”

Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Bristol
Exmouth, United Kingdom
“First time staying here,could not fault the place.”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My partner and I stayed here for one night 11th to 12th jan,it was our base while attending a gig at The Tunnels in Bristol.Rooms clean and tidy,staff very friendly and efficient,nothing was too much trouble.Loved the fact breakfast went on till 11am and what a choice!!From warm croissants and muffins to sausage egg and beans!All included in the price! .Bus service only short walk across the road,which we used to get to the gig.Would definitely come and stay again when we have more gigs to attend..

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
SamEvison, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear DevonTravel Bug

We like to extend our breakfast hours at the weekend giving you that option for longer time in bed.

Happy to hear you enjoyed all of what our free breakfast buffet has to offer.

I hope you enjoyed your gig at the weekend and keep an eye out for O2 Academy events in

Bristol.

Take care and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Second stay at this hotel and have to say I had a great stay. One night on business and chose this hotel because it's very close to the office. Check in was very quick and efficient and this is the first holiday inn that have actually mentioned that I am a priority member and even wrote down my points balance for me. Staff was very nice and take pride in their jobs, they asked if I would be eating tonight and advised me that I get 20% off my food bill at the local Frankie and Benny's which is about a five minute walk away. Overall very pleased with my stay in this hotel, people have commented that this is not worthy of its rating but let me say, this is an express hotel and of course you don't get the full facilities of the usual Holiday Inn. Well done Bristol North.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ross and Linda,

Welcome back to our hotel and pleased to hear you were recognized as a loyal IHG member. What an uplifting feedback for the team as they pride themselves on giving excellent service, and providing our guests with local knowledge and information.
CARDIFF
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night before having a shopping day in Bristol. Staff on arrival very polite and helpful. Room was large with big tv and tea making facilities. Roomand bathroom very clean. Bed comfortable had a good nights sleep. Breakfast was included help yourself good chouce if I would give a small negitive it would be no bacon was supplied. Ovverall a very nice hotel would stsy there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank COOKIE385
Erica S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Cookie385, Thank you for your comments, It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The team will be delighted to hear your comments. I am sorry but we do not provide bacon at Holiday Inn Express at this time. But thank you for your feedback. Kind Regards, Erica Stoodley, Deputy General Manager.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

This place has been awarded 4 star hotel but in fact its one of those cooperate hotel offering nothing.

Was there for three nights stay.

Nothing to do and middle of nowhere.

Clean hotel but that's about the best thing.

I will definitely be thinking twice booking here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Erica S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear FoodWizz, Thank you for your comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel, our housekeeping team take great pride in their role and will be pleased to hear your comments. I am sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations with regards to the facilities and location, we are in fact a 3* hotel, and we do not have restaurant, we can now offer 20% off the main menu at Frankie and Bennys across the road from the hotel now. I would recommend booking the Holiday Inn City Centre or Holiday Inn Express City Centre if you needed a more centrally located hotel. Kind Regards, Erica Stoodley, Deputy General Manager
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This hotel is very much isolated even though it is a mere 5 minutes walk to a Sainsburys or the near by retail park. It is also a hotel which, when I stayed, was in need of a refurbishment as the decor was looking tired and dated.
Staff, apart from the receptionist, great.
Room, came across a few problems. Firstly our room had yet to be cleaned on our arrival yet the receptionist was adamant it was. We were transfered to another and same problem. Third room was fine and we settled in.
Breakfast, average. Was missing lots of Continental options which was a shame.
Location, awkward to reach but good for amenities.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Baxi3719
Erica S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Baxi, Thank you for your recent review from your stay in February 2013. I am pleased to tell you that we have had a complete bedroom refurbishment since your stay and I believe you would be a lot happier with our 'new rooms'. I am sorry that you could not find everything you wanted during our breakfast, we do offer a free continental breakfast with hot options to all our guests and we are currently trialling new croissants, which are much improved. I do hope you will stay again; we look forward to welcoming you. Kind Regards, Erica Stoodley Deputy General Manager
Market Lavington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Booked this hotel at the last moment at a terrific price of only £39.99 for the two of us and our well behaved 10 year old terrier. Once booked and the deal was done however we were then informed in our email confirmation that there would be an additional charge for our pet of £20.00 a night i.e. double what we would have had to pay at our local kennel! Despite this the hotel was very well presented and we had a comfortable night and slept well in a ground floor room on a choice of luxury soft and firm pillows. Breakfast was included and was more than we expected and the staff seemed very friendly and helpful too. We agree with an earlier comment that the hotel could be better signposted, particularly from the Filton direction.

Room Tip: Our Ground Floor Room was opposite the pub which was attractive to look out on instead of towards th...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Erica S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Elaine, Thank you for your recent review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay and you were pleased with our service. The team take great pride in their role and will be delighted to hear your comments. I am sorry that you found our dog charge of £20.00 a night expensive. We do have to charge this amount to cover our deep cleaning costs in the bedroom after departure. I am pleased you enjoyed our free breakfast in the hotel. Unfortunately we are unable to improve our signage around the hotel at this time, but we are in contact with the local council to see if this can change. We do hope you will visit the hotel again in the future. Kind Regards, Erica Stoodley, Deputy General Manager.
Bristol
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Review: Holiday Inn Express
Conveniently located near to Bristol Parkway Station, MoD Abbey Wood, UWE and Filton Retail Park. Guests can expect to find superior facilities for what is essentially a budget-range hotel. The car park was ample, conveniently close to the hotel, and free. The reception staff throughout my stay were attentive and welcoming, without being contrived or strained.

During check-in all necessary information was explained clearly and I was presented with several dining options. Bar snacks and pizza are available in the hotel and the nearby Filton Retail Park has numerous dining establishments (in addition to a pub next door to the hotel). At the time of my visit a promotion was available which entitled hotel guests to a 20% discount in the nearby Frankie & Benny’s restaurant. A breakfast buffet was included in the rate and featured varied options to cater for most tastes. Continental and Full English items were available, in addition to various juices and hot beverages. The bar area in which breakfast was served benefitted from several large televisions showing the BBC News Channel and as I was travelling alone I took particularly comfort knowing there was something with which to keep myself occupied while dining.

The bedroom was extremely clean and tidy, featuring contemporary furnishings with almost everything required for a short trip. A television with a DVD player would have been advantageous, but its absence is understandable considering the type of hotel. Wi-Fi was also included in the rate and although it could be intermittently slow it was highly appreciated. An option was available to upgrade the speed of Wi-Fi. A kettle was on a shelf tucked under the television with a range of tea and coffee options. The television was modern, large and featured all of the usual Freeview channels in addition to guest services. The bathroom, although small, was not cramped. Like the rest of the room, the bathroom was sparklingly clean and tidy.

The double bed, although possibly a little cramped for two, was perfect for the lone traveller. The choice of both foam and feather pillows was convenient and the soft duvet was just the right tog for December temperatures. Throughout my visit the hotel was peaceful and quiet, and due to the comfortable environment I was completely satisfied with my quality of sleep. Air conditioning and heating was available and easily managed by the in-room controls, although I didn’t leave it running for too long as it had a tendency to rattle. The sofa bed was a pleasing addition to this room and although I did not use it as a bed I can confirm the sofa part was comfortable and spacious.

Of this particular type of hotel, this is the best I have had the pleasure of visiting. Due to the low price of my stay and the overall high quality of the facilities I would definitely stay again if necessary.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Drew, It's great to hear you enjoyed your recent stay in the hotel. Our team work extremely hard to ensure that the rooms are kept to a high standard and they will be pleased to hear your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Kind Regards, Erica Stoodley, Deputy General Manager.