“Harvey's Cellars”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Harvey's Cellars”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Delightful atmosphere. Very kind and helpful staff. Excellent meal with good choice of Tapas dishes. Very good value

Visited July 2014
1 Thank viv-morg M

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

An interesting place. If you're looking for an extra special treat at the "home of Bristol Cream" then you might be disappointed. This isn't exactly an upmarket restaurant and the slightly cafe-style atmosphere doesn't do justice to the iconic drink. That said, the value is excellent and the resraurant is well worth a visit. Also, great drinks and staff. All in all, a good place but does not live up to its potential.

• Visited June 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Tasty tapas”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent evening at this lovely taps bar. Great staff, Patricia our waitress was very attentive and helpful. What a difference friendly staff make! Thank you Patricia. The food was very tasty and fulfilling. We will definetly visit again, would like to visit when live music playing.

• Visited July 2014
Bristol
“Both Spanish and Caribbean Tapas now!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Although I reviewed this restaurant previously, as they have added Spanish Tapas to their menu now, I thought I'd just update it! There is now a Spanish Tapas menu in addition to the sumptuous food on the Creole one. The wine flights are fantastic and great value too - pairing each course to the wine or sherry.
We continue to enjoy the tasty, well cooked food here and delicious cocktails and wines. There is always a pleasant ambient feel at Harvey's and a great place to go for a classy experience of the centre of Bristol mid week or at the weekend. They have great music, art exhibitions and special events too. The service is excellent and being so close to Bristol Hippodrome it's an excellent choice for an pre theatre bite too. Harvey's really is the 'cream' of eating places in Bristol!

Visited July 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Tradition with a modern twist...”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I went to Harvey's a few weeks ago with my girfriends for drinks and dinner... All of which were pleasant ... Service was good.. And I feel this place should be given a chance... It's hard these days to take over a well established business and try to bring it back to life... You can please everyone ... But reviews like these hopefully give people feed back ... I met the manager Claire who I have to say was so helpful and took time out to discuss future events with me and my company ...
It's brave to take on a place near the city centre these days! It's a great place for all age groups... And for people who want a few late night drinks without the roughness!!
I'm loving the old style glamourous ladies powder rooms too!! Takes me back to the 80's ... I'm looking forward to my next visit...

• Visited July 2014