“Yummy Thai food”

Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy Thai food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My housemates and I always get our takeaways from Thai Pepper, which is delicious. So I decided to visit the restaurant itself yesterday - and was not disappointed by the food. The service is fast and friendly and the setting is fine, if a bit bare and basic. But you get what you pay for really - it's not expensive, the food is tasty and filling and you feel like you've had a good meal. But there could be a bit more atmosphere about the place... either way, will continue getting my takeaways from there!

• Visited May 2014

Bristolian
“Ignore the nagatives”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Visited this place Saturday for the first time since writing a previous review in April last year, In between we have had a couple of take a ways including New Years Eve which we have done for the last three years when hosting family and friends. We use this site a lot and the first thing I would say to anyone is to ignore people who writes a single review slagging any place off big time. Personally we don't do negative reviews and certainly not on a single visit, if a place is bad we just don't go there again. We have also had some very enjoyable Thai meals in Bankok, Chiang Mai and Koh Samui so I think that we can distinguish between decent and poor food. On this visit we had the set course menu for two, starter platter followed by three main course dishes with rice for £15.50 per person and it was very good. If you read these reviews please don't be but off by the whingers, visit and make up your own mind.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Anniemalc
“Nasty takeaway”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I absolutely love Thai food, and there's not too much choice in my area so I've had a fair few takeaways from here. They have ranged from OK-ish to absolutely disgusting. The last one that I ordered from Thai Pepper was watery, tasteless and virtually inedible - possibly the worst takeaway I have ever had. Subsequently I have not returned and am still hoping for a great Thai restaurant to open in the Gloucester Road area.

Visited October 2013
Bristol,
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I went with three friends for a meal which with £1 each for corkage was £51 for a main each (some with rice) and 3 starters. My friends all enjoyed their food and my Pad Thai was very nice with the only disappointment being my thai fish cake starter which was really thin, quite tasteless with virtually no filling. They definitely weren't comparable to what I've eaten here or in Thailand.

Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolute opposite of hench (here in Bristol)”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Got a takeaway and possibly the worst takeaway we have had in a long time in fact EVER!!! please do not go here if you value your health (life). Currently nursing immediate unwanted side effects! Got rice noodles that appear to have been re heated and congealed into a slimy sludge at the bottom of the container. Also got another noodle dish with a pleasant surprise which we still cannot identify one of its ingredients...

• Visited January 2014