“Friendly personal service and delicious food...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican, Fast food
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Seating
Mountain Ash
“Friendly personal service and delicious food...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Popped in (our 3rd visit) for a pre theatre dinner and weren't disappointed. We were shown some new sauces/salsas we hadn't tried before so great to be able to taste before you have them and the one heavy on the coriander was delicious, This place is perfect for a quick pre theatre meal. I had a pork burrito and my husband had the chicken and both were lovely. Fresh tasting salads with the refried beans and the smoky meat sooo good. Will be back again hopefully with more time. We could see them cooking churros fresh but didn't have time to sample them :(

• Visited April 2014

Knoxville, Tennessee
“4* (UK); 3* (Americas)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

My Burrito is the most similar British restaurant to Moe's Southwest Grill (American chain). That being said, they're not quite as good as Moe's...

The Good:
The tortilla, lettuce, tomato, onion, and beef all made for very tasty BURRITOS & TACOS.

The Bad:
No QUESO (Mexican cheese dip)

Mediocre CHURROS: tastiest churros are crisp on the outside, moist on the inside, and covered in cinnamon-sugar. My Burrito's cinnamon-sugar didn't adhere to the churro--it mostly fell to the bottom of the plate. They were quite thin, making the overall texture overly crispy. Overall, it tasted like FUNNEL CAKE. The hot chocolate dip tasted like hot chocolate (drink), too milky/watery, not chocolatey enough.

Poor-ish SALSA: The nicest salsa was the medium smokey one, but it was still strange. I had the taste of BBQ sauce, and the texture of salsa. The others were extremely spicy compared to Tex-Mex fare.

The Outlook:
My Burrito is the best Mexican food we've had in Britain. It's head-and-shoulders above Chiquito (UK chain). That being said, Moe's Southwest Grill, a middle-of-the-road US Mexican chain is notably better in taste & value. If My Burrito crafts a nicer medium chunky salsa, a queso dip, and sharper cheese, they could produce a 5* taste (by UK standards).

Great service.

• Visited April 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Yum!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Amazing breakfast burrito and churros. They know their burittos and they know their churros. The lady at the counter had trouble understanding my partner's Welsh accent (much to my amusement!). They cooked churros for him from scratch even though they initially said they'd ran out, he was very happy, I think they were worried about us moaning about a long wait, so good intentions in fairness.

• Visited March 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Awful staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

The food is pretty nice. What ruins this place is the staff. They have no understanding of customer service. They leave you standing their whilst they continue their own conversations and when they do finally come to serve you they treat you as an inconvenience.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Thomas D
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Yummy Takeaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I've only ever had takeaway, but if that's anything to go on, it's definitely worth a visit! Best mexican takeaway, plus they deliver!

• Visited December 2013