Open today: 00:00 - 23:59
Review Highlights
Fun couple of hours

My boyfriend and I played for a couple of hours this afternoon and had a great time! We met Sam... read more

Reviewed 15 July 2018
Hazel L
via mobile
Perfect beginner course with optional advanced holes

Ashton Court has two disc golf courses using broadly the same baskets. The beginner course is very... read more

Reviewed 11 March 2018
Arnold R

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Bristol
from US$174.00
from US$20.70
from US$133.80
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 November 2014

Myself, boyfriend and Craig love Disc Golf, we think the course is great fun specially for beginners and intermediates. Definitely a must try, all weathers! No fee to play but you can rent real Disc Golf discs in the cafe.

1  Thank vallen2014
Reviewed 28 March 2014

After experiencing Disc Golf courses in various spots around the world, I finally got around to visiting our local Disc Golf course today. Needless to say, I was disappointed that it hasn't been maintained. As previous comments mention, starting points for a lot of the holes are missing and the map provided, doesn't match to some of the trees. I wish the council would encourage the game more as it's great fun, encourage active exercise and sends the participant home tired and happy!

Sadly, it's not up to the standard it should be and leads you to spend more trying to work out where you start from!

1  Thank smooth0022
MrFrisbeeBristol, MrFrisbee at Ashton Court Disc Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Hi

I am sorry you didn't have a great experience at ashton court. All of your issues are well known and we have been lobbying the council for course improvements since it's inception.

MrFrisbee have just taken over the running of the course so things are set to change! A new 9 hole route is now installed with 9 bright blue tee markers with hole diagrams and Rubber tee mats on the previously muddy tee areas. A recent meeting with the estate staff has cleared the way for MrFrisbee staff to be allowed to cut back the long areas which affect the course. It will never be perfect as it is a Country Park first and Disc Golf Course second and the Heritage Trees and Wildlife will take precendence in some areas.

The Course Map Info sign is now in place along with a few more direction signs to help you round the course.

The MrFrisbee Mobile Shop will be open every weekend from 10-4pm (except the balloon fiesta and some other events) throughout the summer. It is also available by appointment at other times, give us a ring on 07422 521214 and we'll be happy to come and meet you. The Disc shop is stocked with a selection of different discs available to buy and to hire. Our friendly staff will also be happy to give you a few tips and are even available for Pro Lessons.

Hopefully you'll come back and visit us soon
Many thanks

MrFrisbee

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I live in Bristol and have been keen to try this course for a while. I finally got the chance to go over to Ashton Court, after we parked we saw one of the baskets and headed towards the direction of the course however we couldn't figure out the starting point?? So we bought up the course map on my smart phone and tried to follow this however when we thought we were on the 3rd hole we found a sign that said second hole??? we couldn't find where to tee off from?? after walking around and alot of confusion we found the 8th hole which also didn't correspond with the map. Baffled we decided to call it a day, I love the idea of having a disc golf course here in Bristol as I have spent so much time playing in Canada and America and enjoying the sport. I feel there is so much potential at Ashton but that its just been forgotten about? Looking on the website its looked after a very keen disc golf player and maybe we just went on a bad day, who knows???

1  Thank KaylaWoodhouse
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Great disc golf course. Makes good use of terrain and natural hazards. Ashton is popular with dog owners, horse riders, joggers, cyclists and families. The golf course does not conflict with these diverse groups but golfers should be aware of their surroundings while playing. Do not damage the nature - it gives disc golfers a bad name and the course may be lost as a result of inconsiderate golfers. Enjoy the wild garlic and stay out of the ponds.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Bdga30
Reviewed 30 April 2013

What a fantastic weekend, weather was good and surroundings stunning. Lovely well set out course, set in a beautiful park, with stunning views. Excellent on site facilities and great accomodation nearby. Well worth a visit, we shall certainly be coming back to Bristol this summer,
Chris, Harwich, Essex