“Excellent lunch”

Ranked #13 of 1,624 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$9 - US$29
Cuisines: European, French, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to wilks. We are a modern, vibrant restaurant on Chandos road in Redland, Bristol. We offer creative, accomplished cooking at affordable prices, attentive, knowledgeable service from friendly staff and a relaxed, informal dining room. We champion all that it is local; farmers, growers, suppliers, even local artists who show their work in our restaurant. We also offer food for home. Everything you need for your dinner at home; bread, soups, mains, desserts, chutneys, wines and more.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent lunch”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Had a wonderful lunch at this restaurant . I have been before they got their star, and it was good then, but the food is even better now. Superb, you can taste every ingredient . Lovely food, lovely atmosphere and great service!

• Visited August 2014

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent overall”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Had an anniversary dinner here, and it was absolutely incredible. The food was predictably wonderful, but the standout for me was the service which was attentive, but discreet and extremely professional. Recommended.

1 Thank Ricky S
Wales
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We wanted a special Sunday lunch and, not knowing Bristol, their website convinced us that they were the place for us as oppose to others in better locations by the harbour.

The Chef's pedigree is impressive and the results in his restaurant prove his vast ability!

Madame and the staff were very professionnal and friendly at the same time, a difficult balance to achieve. The restaurant itself is beautifully decorated, sober without being minimaliste.

The food: we still speak about it and tell all our friends! Excellent quality, beautiful presentation and a good RQP (rapport qualite prix, can't translate that into English!)

Despite the distance from home we will be back!

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Michelin Restaurant”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Wow what a wonderful Michelin Restaurant. My partner took me for my birthday. It was very welcoming, not stuffy as many Michelin Restaurants. The staff were very knowledgeable on the dishes and the wine. I can't find a bad thing to say about this wonderful restaurant, for me though possibly the courses were to big. Very good value for money, I will certainly go again, and recomend it to family and friends.

1 Thank Ann R
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, attentive service”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My partner and I came here for the 2nd time - again to celebrate our birthdays. We first came a year ago.

The service was friendly and very knowledgeable. After some lovely amuse-bouches and bread, I had lobster and langoustine ravioli to start, then lamb, then an amazing Eton mess that looks like a polystyrene sphere. You smash it yourself with the spoon and inside find a delicious mixture of whipped cream, strawberries and strawberry sorbet. We were given a little plate with birthday candles too! With coffee we had home made chocolates (5 each!).

Mike had foie gras, then turbot, then an amazing panna cotta with cherries on top.

I've eaten in a 2 star Michelin restaurant before, but what I like about Wilks is that it's unpretentious and not at all stuffy.

We shall be back.

The set price lunches sound like very good value.