“Hidden Gem”

Ranked #16 of 1,668 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$13 - US$24
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mezze Palace invites you to experience a rare Modern Lebanese food in the heart of Bristol city centre that will leave you wanting for more....... In Mezze Palace every dish is created from recipes handed down from one generation to the next. . With a strong emphasis on a delicious fusion of fresh quality meat, fish and poultry is traditionally prepared with authentic herbs and spices and cooked upon order by fine healthy cooking, chefs paying particular attention to authentic taste and presentation .Traditional Lebanese flavours are incorporated into classic and innovative dishes. In Mezze palace contemporary and relaxed setting, you can also enjoy the best selection of Lebanese wines and Lebanese fruit cocktail . So bring your friends and share the Mezze palace restaurant experience or you can now try Mezze palace at home with our take-away by collection service. Do feel free to ask for our help in making your selection to experience the true taste of Lebanon.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

So we wouldn't have found this restaurant if we hadn't seen the sign for it on the other road. It's on a quiet side road, well, quiet in the day, can be quite busy on the weekend evenings as two clubs are on the same road.

So we go up to the door and see that you have to walk downstairs to go inside, and as no one was around we were a little unsure at first, but when we walked in, we were very surprised. It's a brick cove, it's very authentic with decorations.

It was very quiet as there was only two tables being used (including ours). We ordered our drinks and main, we chose the lunch 2 course meal, £4.99. Starter was 6 small mezze selection and the main was one of the mains from the menu, which ever one you wanted. I chose the mixed grill and my boyfriend chose the spicy lamb. I'm not a huge fan of spice but it was beautiful, his had a lovely tomato sauce which left the lamb moist and succulent, and I had a side dip of raita which was refreshing.

Our bill came to £13 for 2 starters, 2 mains and 2 drinks. Unbelievably cheap. If you go in the evening the atmosphere will be much better I think, and it will still only be £9.99 for the 2 course meal.

Overall I highly reccommend. We went June 29th.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My partner & I attended last night as we had heard this restaurant was worth trying & as we was in the area we thought we would.
The restaurant itself has a nice atmosphere, all the staff was really friendly & knowledgable about the food.
We choose to have 8 dishes of Mezze as we wanted to experience lots of different flavours being it was our first time eating Lebanese, I'm really happy we ate this way, all the dishes came fresh & really tasty, we thoroughly enjoyed our meal & would certainly recommend it to anyone. Faultless!

1  Thank HW1982
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We came to the restaurant tonight and were pleasantly surprised. From the outside you might not notice that this restaurant actually exists. I've never ever noticed it before. We looked at the menu and thought that we would give it a try. The food was excellent, lovely taste and plenty of it. I could not finish my meal and my partner was full also. We had the set menu for £11.99 - 8 different starters and a main course. Plus 2 drinks each for less than £40. Decor lovely and staff friendly. Would definitely return in the future!

1  Thank REROSE2013
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The Mezze Palace is, hands down, one of my favourite restaurants in Bristol. We ordered 8 mezze dishes between two, and could barely finish it. Food was fresh, authentically prepared and delicious. The staff are super friendly and incredibly accommodating, and all-in-all, the entire experience cost us under £30 for two people (with drinks and service). The meat with hoummous is an absolute must if you eat here, which I highly recommend you do.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We ordered the 8 plates of tasty meze between two people (for £10.99 each) and struggled to finish it. We ended up having to take some home for lunch the next day! The service was excellent, and they even swapped drinks for us when we misunderstood what was listed on the menu. It was a bit warm down in the cavern, but we got used to it!