“Affordable and tasty Lebanese food”

Mezze Palace Lebanese Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 1,576 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$13 - US$23
Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Mezze Palace invites you to experience a rare Modern Lebanese food in the heart of Bristol city centre that will leave you wanting for more....... In Mezze Palace every dish is created from recipes handed down from one generation to the next. . With a strong emphasis on a delicious fusion of fresh quality meat, fish and poultry is traditionally prepared with authentic herbs and spices and cooked upon order by fine healthy cooking, chefs paying particular attention to authentic taste and presentation .Traditional Lebanese flavours are incorporated into classic and innovative dishes. In Mezze palace contemporary and relaxed setting, you can also enjoy the best selection of Lebanese wines and Lebanese fruit cocktail . So bring your friends and share the Mezze palace restaurant experience or you can now try Mezze palace at home with our take-away by collection service. Do feel free to ask for our help in making your selection to experience the true taste of Lebanon.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Affordable and tasty Lebanese food”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Visited last night with my sister after seeing their very affordable set menus. The restaurant itself is beautiful, located underground in an old cellar with curved exposed brick ceilings.

We both chose the £11.99 set menu: a platter of eight mezze each, followed by our choice of main course. The mezze portion was enormous, and could have easily served as a main: highlights were the spicy lamb sausages, the falafel and the salad, which was served with a spicy chilli and sumac dressing. Surprised that the stuffed vine leaf was served warm, and the hoummous had a little too much tahini for my liking.

Chose the lamb skewers as my main: four skewers of minced lamb mixed with parsley and onion, beautifully cooked and full of flavour. The sauce was amazing too: tomatoes and red and green peppers with chilli and garlic gave it a bit of a kick. Main courses were served with rice - again, portions huge.

Nice little touch at the end when we were given a small plate of baklava free of charge. £26.98 for two set menus and two soft drinks isn't bad at all! We'll be back.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Em19832014

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
“Fantastic Lebanese cuisine”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This is the first time I tried Lebanese cuisine,and fall in love with it after the lunch at mezze palace.2 course lunch for only4.99pound,in really high quality.the salad had several kinds of food with lovely sause and were sophisticated.the aim course which is the mix grill taste really nice,the chicken and lamb were favourable,and the rice was nice.the interior create such interesting atmosphere.th location is easy to teach from the city centre,one should really visit this special restaurant,awesome!!!

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

So we wouldn't have found this restaurant if we hadn't seen the sign for it on the other road. It's on a quiet side road, well, quiet in the day, can be quite busy on the weekend evenings as two clubs are on the same road.

So we go up to the door and see that you have to walk downstairs to go inside, and as no one was around we were a little unsure at first, but when we walked in, we were very surprised. It's a brick cove, it's very authentic with decorations.

It was very quiet as there was only two tables being used (including ours). We ordered our drinks and main, we chose the lunch 2 course meal, £4.99. Starter was 6 small mezze selection and the main was one of the mains from the menu, which ever one you wanted. I chose the mixed grill and my boyfriend chose the spicy lamb. I'm not a huge fan of spice but it was beautiful, his had a lovely tomato sauce which left the lamb moist and succulent, and I had a side dip of raita which was refreshing.

Our bill came to £13 for 2 starters, 2 mains and 2 drinks. Unbelievably cheap. If you go in the evening the atmosphere will be much better I think, and it will still only be £9.99 for the 2 course meal.

Overall I highly reccommend. We went June 29th.

• Visited June 2014
Preston, United Kingdom
“A really enjoyable meal.”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My partner & I attended last night as we had heard this restaurant was worth trying & as we was in the area we thought we would.
The restaurant itself has a nice atmosphere, all the staff was really friendly & knowledgable about the food.
We choose to have 8 dishes of Mezze as we wanted to experience lots of different flavours being it was our first time eating Lebanese, I'm really happy we ate this way, all the dishes came fresh & really tasty, we thoroughly enjoyed our meal & would certainly recommend it to anyone. Faultless!

1 Thank HW1982
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely Surprise”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We came to the restaurant tonight and were pleasantly surprised. From the outside you might not notice that this restaurant actually exists. I've never ever noticed it before. We looked at the menu and thought that we would give it a try. The food was excellent, lovely taste and plenty of it. I could not finish my meal and my partner was full also. We had the set menu for £11.99 - 8 different starters and a main course. Plus 2 drinks each for less than £40. Decor lovely and staff friendly. Would definitely return in the future!

• Visited June 2014