“Lovely Sunday Lunch”

Price range: US$5 - US$22
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rough, ready and real.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Me and the boyf ventured down here for a well deserved Sunday dinner. We both opted for the trinity roast.
It came quickly which was good and the service was friendly and attentive.
The beef was pink in the middle and nicely tender, the chicken was a little dry but there was a lot of it and the pork belly was ah-maaaaaazing! The gravy was lovely and tasty, the yorkies were seasoned and the vegetables were cooked and seasoned well.
We shared the ginger cake desert and the presentation was excellent and it tasted yummy. Thumbs up all round for food, service, value, selection of drinks and the lovely walled garden at the back. am glad I have just moved around the corner as this will become a regular now!

2  Thank Alice E

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Amazing!!! 10/10. Popped in for lunch after finding the tavern on this new App my friend recommended (Wriggle?) which finds random cool, I think all independent, places in Bristol. I had the toad in the hole with stuffing and roast beef which was on the deal and it was DELICIOUS!!!! The Tavern is great value, such great food and they even gave us some incredible chilli jam which went so well with the gravy! Huge fan!! My friend bought one of their pale ales as well which smelt and tasted like heaven. Will definitely be returning and spreading the word about this little beauty.

6  Thank bexwat1
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We were a party of 4 adults and 2 children. Read tripadvisor and booked. On entering we where shown to a table which was occupied, but the people at the table had been told that they would have to move when we arrived. There was a wide choice of beers, and a delicious traditional cider. The quality of food was excellent and they did half portions for the children. We asked if they could show the children " Bristol currency," which they did, and actually gave the children a Bristol £1.00 note each,

3  Thank kennybabes
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We wanted to make a booking coz every time we try to go there it was full packed. They take bookings just for after 4 o clock, so they made one for us.
We arrive on time, our table was ready, but they didn't have the pork! I think they should calculate how many people is going to go for sure or they should make bookings for earlier. Anyway, the starters were fabulous... Black pudding with Apple and a kind of small fryed fish. Awesome.
Then the sunday roast. We wanted to try the Trinity (the three meats in one) they didn't have the pork so extra beef. The vegetables were lush, but the meat (beef and chicken) was a liittle bit dry (probably because of the time). Gravy the best I have ever tried but I asked for extra gravy and they couldn't give me more coz it was for the other bookings??.
The desserts were lovely, but in my opinión the portion wasn't that big to charge 5 pounds each.
At the end, 28 pounds each.
The staff is lovely, good service. Always looking after you.

1  Thank Lorena G
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Can't go wrong with this pub, great atmosphere with friendly staff. Love the old style aesthetics, great selection of real ales always on rotation.

The food is some of the best I've ever tasted, come here regularly to eat. Anything from Thai to good old Sunday roasts, everything is home made and they go that extra step in produce, taste and presentation.

Would reccomend this pub to anyone of my friends and there's a reason I visit regularly its great :)

2  Thank Dubrenaissance