“Saturday Afternoon Wanderings ”
Review of Patisserie Valerie

Patisserie Valerie
Ranked #17 of 31 Dessert in Bristol
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Lovingly handmade cakes
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

After a spontaneous trip to town, and the restaurant we went to not having good range of desserts, we went here. Good range of desserts such as cakes, tarts, and biscuits. Gluten free option was a ginger biscuit or a flapjack which I passed on. Had some lovely chocolate and vanilla ice cream tjat had chocolate chips in, and fiancé had what looked to be a lovely raspberry tart. Good range of savoury dishes on the menu too. Service good but slow towards the end as our waiter darted this way and that so difficult to attract his attention. Would go again; 3 egg omelette on the menu sounded tempting.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

i have bought celebration cakes from this shop over many years, because they always look and taste special.i was given a afternoon tea voucher as a birthday gift, as a treat i took my twelve year old nephew, before entering the shop he pointed out all of the cakes he usually has. i ordered a flat white coffee he had a hot chocolate both drinks were lukewarm, when the food arrived my nephew pointed out that the minature cakes looked just like the ones someone brought to the scout buffet, they had come from iceland. this is obviously cakes that are bought in for the afternoon tea. not what you would exspect from a fine cake shop. one very dissapointed customer.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Nice choice of cakes, friendly staff.

Really enjoyed the cakes, a bit pricey but worth it.

Usual PV quality.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

Well, we enter this place because we saw the 2 course menu offers on the entrance for less than 15 GBP.
The soup of the day (pumpkin soup) is tasteless and too much for an entree, the salmon which my friends had are pretty good.
Then after waiting for quite long & one of my friends almost fell asleep, the main dishes came out. But they got it wrong, I ordered lamb & my friends ordered Moroccan chicken. But well, we got 3 plates of Moroccan chicken. But since we had waited for some time & I think they will spend more time to cook the lamb for me to correct my order, well I decided just to take the chicken.
Well, again, the chicken that supposed to have tons of spices is bland and tasteless. I can said this because I've tasted plenty Middle Eastern cuisines in their home countries.
And the ice tea (that written on the menu as peach tea) came out as Lipton bottled tea. What a disappointment.
We can't finish the main course because we're not hungry anymore due to the long wait, so we just ordered them to wrap it up for take away after just few bites.
Before, we want to have the tasty pastries and coffee on display but after tasted their 2 course menu, we decided to avoid more disappointment and just go back home.
This might be the last place I will visit for dinner if I come to UK.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Had a good breakfast here on a recent shopping trip to Bristol. Service and food were good. Chose scrambled eggs on toast and poached eggs on toast with a couple of sides, latte and a hot chocolate. Food arrived quickly and hot. Friendly staff.