“Smoke & Mirrors - The House Magicians - A great, well priced night out.”
Review of Smoke & Mirrors

Smoke & Mirrors
Book In Advance
More Info
US$27.52*
and up
House Magicians' Comedy Magic Show at Smoke...
Ranked #2 of 165 things to do in Bristol
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Smoke & Mirrors theatre pub, home to The House Magicians Comedy & Magic Show, and is open 7 days a week. We offer a 10% discount to all pre-theatre goers and our warm and welcoming bar staff will provide you with the very best in fine wines, so why not grab a Pizza and watch a show? Our Pub is the best way to experience a night of entertainment wether you are attending one of our shows or one of the many theatres nearby we are the go to pub for great drink & food before any show in Bristol. Being located right next to the Stage Door of the Hippodrome you can be sure that the cast and crew might be having a relaxing drink while our entertainers entertain them for a change from our Close-Up Magician performing right at your table or our House Musicians singing all the classics every weekend, you'll know that Smoke & Mirrors is the best hidden Gem in Bristol and of course we always have local ales always on tap!
Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

Myself and four friends visited Smoke & Mirrors last night for a performance from The House Magicians. This was our second visit to this venue and once again provided us with an entertaining night out.
The drinks are very well priced and it's a nice little bar. We didn't have any food but it all sounded nice.
The tickets for the show itself are also very well priced for the show you get.
The stage area is pretty small but fine - last night wasn't overally busy so we were even luckier to have quite an intimate show. It was also nice and cool in there.
Richard Newman was the first magician on stage and didnt disappoint - good tricks and was funny.
The second act and in my opinion the highlight of the night was Tim Stracey the Mentalist Magician.
Tim was charming, entertaining and mysterious which made him so mesmerising and a real pleasure to watch. I found myself totally drawn in by him and could've quite happily watched him for hours.
I didnt get called up to the stage which is normally what im hoping for but i would've happily particpated in Tim's show as he was so down to earth.
Will definitely be returning - especially if Tim Stracey is there again.

Date of experience: January 2015
in 11 reviews
"visiting bristol"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 2 January 2015 via mobile

Myself and 4 friends visited smoke and mirrors this evening and it was absolutely fantastic. Tim Stracey was amazing! I was a little apprehensive about the show as I didn't want to be 'called upon' but I was...but I was asked if it would be ok and I felt like I could've easily said no if I hadn't wanted to partake. But I went up on stage and had my mind read... (sketchy!) And was made to feel very comfortable. I will definitely be visiting again.
Fantastic!

2  Thank Snowygirl247
Reviewed 11 December 2014

Great quirky bar and atmosphere. Magicians doing card tricks which were amazing within the bar area. Magic/comedy show was brilliant,great audience participation. Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed 8 December 2014

We laughed all evening...great show! :) there were 3 of us celebrating a 40th birthday! From the moment we went into the bar then into the show behind a curtain through the bar, we laughed and love every single minute. Great value for money!