“Go here now.”

Wild at Heart Emporium
Ranked #56 of 96 Coffee & Tea in Bristol
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My wife and I went here two days over the weekend on the recommendation of my boss. I've worked in the speciality coffee industry for five years now, and like to think that I have a decent palate, so finding a good coffee shop can be difficult sometimes.

On entering I was worried about the 'vintage' atmosphere I'd been told to expect. Vintage is one of those things, it REALLY had to be done well and sincerely to work and not look like hipster crap. These guys have nailed it; everything had a place, it felt eclectic yet not cluttered. The menus looked daunting for non-coffee obsessive, but the staff were helpful, and most importantly humble. Happy to chat, happy to explain, and happy to recommend.

Coffee wise, these guys go for flavour rather than size or strength. If you want a 16oz mocha, expect to be disappointed. DO expect really tasty coffee made by people who care about the geeky stuff so you don't have to.

In terms of food we didn't really taste much, but they looked like they had a good selection.

In Bristol and need a haircut or and brew? Go here.

3  Thank MarsHillFingerboard
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I discovered this little gem in the heart of Bristol on a business trip, but its certainly equal to, if not better than anywhere I have found in London.

As the previous reviewer noted, Kit is clearly both passionate and knowledgeable about his coffee, and his interesting range of brews are leagues ahead of any of the nearby chains despite the cafes low prices.

The cafe itself has a really nice atmosphere too (although I opted for a take away to sip back at the office)

Note that the signage isn't too clear - look for the simply "Cafe" on the window frame and the funky coffee compress door handles.

1  Thank happyemailer
Reviewed 31 January 2013

There is something really special going on in a small block in the centre of Bristol formed by Small and Broad Streets. Leading the way is Wild At Heart, a Coffee Shop that is also a Vintage Clothes shop, a hairdressers and a tattoo parlour. Fortunately, the coffee shop is right at the front and such is its excellence, I really didn’t have to venture any further.

I could wow you with descriptions of the amazing space, the comfortable seating and the ideal surroundings for drinking coffee, but that would be to overlook the coffee itself. Kit, the man behind the coffee part of Wild at Heart, is as passionate about his coffee as anyone I know. He has the sort of set up, albeit on a smaller scale, that would make Brew Lab in Edinburgh envious. Like them he offers the usual range of espresso-based drinks, but has also gone to great lengths to select just the right beans for his Aeropress and Clover offerings.

If you have no idea what I’m talking about, don’t worry. All you really need to know is that Wild At Heart is a great place to drink great coffee.

1  Thank BrianW_Coffee-Spot