“Nice place to relax and have coffee”
Review of Grupo Lounge

Grupo Lounge
Ranked #420 of 1,668 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$3 - US$16
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Grupo opened on 30th January 2013 in the heart of Westbury-on-Trym in what had previously been a Blockbuster and before that a garden centre. She’s a bit of a whopper (compared to the other Bristol Lounges) and has 2 levels (the first Lounge in Bristol with a staircase!) comprising of 120 covers inside and 40 outside on a stunning 1st floor roof terrace which is sure to be a popular spot during the warmer months. Grupo is the 6th Lounge to open in Bristol, the last one was Banco Lounge in Totterdown in 2006; we thought it was time to come home.
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Hi, decided to try this place for a late lunch. Been past many times but never got around to trying this. Typical, should of tried it earlier. Lovely décor, reminded of my nan's house in the 70's. Staff were very relaxed and friendly, good selection of drinks and food. I had the all day breakfast ( MMM Bacon). The food came out quickly and was nicely presented and tasted ok. Great coffee and cakes as well. Spent most of the afternoon relaxing. There is also a nice open upper terrace, not a nice view just the CO-OP. but nice place to sit outside.

Grupo L, Manager at Grupo Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your review - we do enjoy seeing new faces enjoy our lounge!

It's funny how many people comment of nostalgia with our decor, I'm especially proud of the environment and we appreciate hearing that our staff have added to that experience.

Hopefully the weather will be kind this summer and the only view people will need is the one up towards the sun :)

Do make yourself known next time you come in.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We visit Grupo Lounge quite frequently these days now that our daughters are grown. It's a good place for casual dining with a reasonably-priced menu varied enough to suit all our tastes and appetites. We love sitting on the terrace on a sunny day and watching the world go by but it is also lovely upstairs in the evening at any time of year with the soft lighting and twinkly mirrors. Service has been good on all our visits and the food has never disappointed. There are sofas for lounging or tables for dining and newspapers scattered around. It can be a busy place with people of all ages in the day and often quite noisy but also relaxing and peaceful at other times. It's a NICE place.

Hi BristolOldtrout,

Thanks so much for taking time out and leaving us some feedback. It's great to hear from our customers and really happy when they have had good experiences with us.

We're glad you like the atmosphere and the service, something we're really proud of and looking at our reviews, you're not alone in your appreciation!

I can't wait for the sun to stay out and where better to enjoy a glass of wine, beer or a cup of coffee than the terrace - I always get super jealous seeing people chilling out there!

Look forward to seeing you back here again! :)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We decided to visit today as my hubby has just finished nights and fancied a nice comfort food type breakfast and I just wanted a nice lunch. We weren't disappointed, the Lounge Breakfast is excellent value for really decent ingredients, definitely what the Dr ordered for my husband, I had the Summer Frittata, with 3 bean dressed salad and garlic bread. It was absolutely delicious, in fact, I can't wait to go back and order it again, I asked what the dressing is made from as I enjoyed it so much I want to make the meal for my family. The staff are just lovely, the service was good, even though it was extremely busy. I don't understand the negative reviews, we've been visiting The Grupo Lounge ever since it's been opened and have always had a lovely time and enjoyed excellent food, we will continue to go there, which says an awful lot as there must be at least 7 or 8 different eateries to choose from in the area.

Hi Andrea,

Thanks so much for taking the time to get in touch and leave us feedback. We love hearing from our customers, particularly when they've had such a good experience.

We're very proud of our staff, the service and the atmosphere and we agree, it's a great place to chill out with some tasty food and a drink. Have you tried any of the other items of our brand spanking new menu?

We look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Went here for lunch with a friend. Atmosphere was lovely but the wait for the food was long And when the food came out it was not as described. No pulled pork although I was assured it was there.all I could taste and see was tomatoes which were not even in the description. I paid too much for just beans on toast with an egg. Disappointed! And won't be back for food.

Hi Sabrine86,

Thank you for your feedback - we appreciate all feedback and take it all on board, whether good, bad or somewhere in between.

I'm very sorry you didn't have a good experience with us, we work hard to ensure that people leave happy and I'm always upset when this isn't the case.

Regarding your meal, I will be investigating further and ensuring that meals come out as described and all staff are able to do the same and most importantly that any issues are addressed to customer satisfaction straight away.

I really hope this hasn't put you off coming back and we would love the opportunity to put this right. If you would like to email us at grupo@thelounges.co.uk, I will be happy to talk further.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We visited on a Sunday morning for breakfast. We were able to get an outside table and enjoyed the spring sun. This was our first visit and we were impressed by the venue, the menu, the food and the cheeriness of the staff but the service was so slow.

After we waited over 15 minutes for our coffee to be delivered, at the time there were not many people in the place, one of our party went to collect it.

I then went to order our food and waited about 5 minutes while staff milled about. There was only one chap serving at the bar and he was nattering to the customer who was paying as they waited for the card machine to work. I was not acknowledged by him, nor by the staff walking past behind the bar not appearing to do anything except to talk to the guy making coffee. Perhaps that's why our coffee took so long.

Our food arrived prompted and it was lovely.

I would go again, but one hint of slow service and I'd not try it for a third time. Perhaps it was just a sleepy Sunday morning that set the pace.

Grupo L, General Manager at Grupo Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

HI Sandandseaforme,

Firstly let me thank you for taking the time to review us. All feedback is greatly appreciated.

I am sorry that you had such a long wait for coffee? As you pointed out, it was a sleepy Sunday and there should be no reason not to receive prompt and efficient service. I will be looking into this incident in greater depth.

We are glad you love the atmosphere of the venue as well as the cheeriness of the staff. We pride our self on customer service and we always strive to maintain an excellent level of service.

Please do visit us again and we will do everything we can to make your visit perfect.

Yours Sincerely,