“Xmas day lunch”

Price range: US$26 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on Queens road, Clifton our restaurant offers a unique and welcoming environment in which to share life’s best moments with friends and family.
Reviewed 26 December 2015

Decided to have Xmas lunch out this year and found a table at Al Bacio where I had enjoyed a meal before. The place was booked out and had a decent menu largely based on favorites from their standard a la carte. Very good atmosphere, very cheerful staff despite having to work Xmas. Food pretty good, especially the more Italian it was. However can't stretch to 5 stars as seabass secondi had got rather dried out which was a shame, also the side plates of rather English style veg (Brussels, carrots, rather greasy looking spuds) that came for everyone with this course where a bit out of place- a bit average pub Sunday lunch fare. We did have an enjoyable time and the price although at Xmas day levels was better than others nearby with an Xmas lunch offering.

1  Thank ProfAndy66
Write a ReviewReviews (1,293)

Reviewed 23 December 2015 via mobile

Went to Al Bacio for my wife's birthday and had a great time. Starter and main courses were excellent but the meal was slightly let down by the dessert. The Tiramisu was more like a Tiramisoup and was far too runny. Service was good and would go back despite the disappointing pudding.

2  Thank Inspire442392
Reviewed 20 December 2015 via mobile

We have made a perfect choice and enjoyed a great Sunday dinner. The fresh & tasty food together with warm and professional hospitality turned this evening to a great experience. Thank you for the delicious Italian cuisine.

Reviewed 14 December 2015 via mobile

Large restaurant, tasty food, good portion sizes and good value for money. Specialises in seafood. Also excellent wine list. Couldn't ask for more really! Couldn't give 5/5 as it isn't an accessible restaurant. There is a flight of steps to get into the restaurant, but once in it is pretty flat.

Reviewed 14 December 2015

I was first introduced to Al Bacio by a friend back in June of this year, myself and everyone I was with were VERY impressed. The food was absolutely amazing. I had the monkfish ravioli (which I highly recommend) and have had the pizza and various other pasta dishes there as well, all great.

Coincidentally, shortly after my first time at Al Bacio I went to Portofino, Italy a couple weeks later and had the same exact dish (monkfish ravioli) because the one I had at Al Bacio was so good and honestly I couldn't tell you which one I preferred, they were both that good.

Al Bacio is great for a date night, catch up with friends or for birthdays (I was just there yesterday for a friends birthday). The staff are friendly and the owner Pino (not sure if I spelled that correctly) is a proper gentleman.

Price point is spot on for what you get as well. They have various priced dishes and also have a margarita pizza for £6.95 which is full size.

Highly recommend!