“Amazing food in a lovely genuine atmosphere ”
Review of Al Bacio

Al Bacio
Ranked #83 of 1,884 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$26 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on Queens road, Clifton our restaurant offers a unique and welcoming environment in which to share life’s best moments with friends and family.
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We had an amazing meal at Al Bacio after a recommendation from the hotel we were staying at. When we arrived we felt so welcome and all the staff treated us in such a friendly manner, almost like we were part of their family. While we waited for our food to arrive, we had complete plate envy for every dish coming from the kitchen and even after we were both stuffed, that feeling of “is love to eat that, and eat that...” didn’t end as more dishes arrived for other tables. We’ll definitely come back and have already recommended to family living in Bristol.

Date of visit: October 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,293)

Reviewed 27 October 2017

My husband and I hadn't had a date out for months, so we were so excited to get a babysitter and book at Al Bacio. We were not disappointed. The food, for me, bruschetta romana, sirloin steak in sweet and spicy tomato sauce with prawns, and chocolate covered profiteroles, was so delicious I might put a wanted ad in the paper for a regular babysitter. Proper authentic Italian cuisine. Pino and his staff were polite and went out of their way to ensure we had everything we wanted, and they left a perfect amount of time between courses to let us enjoy the ambience and get geared up for the next course. A wonderful, friendly restaurant that really made our night off special.

1  Thank jemima o
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We went here for a friend's birthday. For starter I had a tomato, avocado and mozzarella salad for £7.95. It consisted of literally 2 quarters of tomato, avo and cheese with a bit of lettuce. No flavour and small portion. For main I had the mushroom pasta. It was literally two spoonfuls of pasta, it was cold and really tasteless. (see picture) I asked to change it as did my friend who had the same thing. I ended up with ravioli which was ok but was stone cold and small portions. We ordered desserts, I asked for tiramisu. When the desserts finally came everyone's was delivered apart from mine and the waiter said 'we've ran out, do you want something else'. Why he didn't know this when I ordered or shortly after I do not know. Then the coffees we ordered were brought out for the second time, we had no idea what was going on. I would never go back here, we had high hopes but thought it was very expensive, the service was very slow - 8pm to 11.45pm for 3 courses and the food was cold and poor standard, you get much better in Bella Italia for a fraction of the price. My friend was upset she booked this place for her birthday! Don't waste your money.

9  Thank ianstaite
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Went here a few before and always really enjoyed the food. When my family decided to come visit for my mother's birthday I know this was the place I wanted to take them.

The food as always was the delicious and the host was entertaining and attentive. We all had a great time in this great restaurant with authentic Italian cuisine.

The prices are very reasonable and the portions are filling. Grappa collection is also very impressive.

1  Thank VincentKMaes
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Well I don't know how to start, I don't want to sound like an overreacting guy, but this is my opinion, I went tonight with my full family to have a nice moment, this part is not the restaurant fault but it was to noisy and also they had 2 birthdays the same night and it make it even noisier, then when our food arrived everything looks good I order as an starter a bruschetta and well... It wasn't the best, but it wasn't that bad, the starters were all normal tasting, but almost 6£ for that... It didn't worth it at all, we also order some white wine but it was warm, luckily my sister mentioned it to the owner and he gave us a new bottle of a better white wine, by the house.

In the meantime I went to the toilet and it was the most uncomfortable situation I have ever had, who was the one with the idea to put a "how to speak Italian" play list in the toilet..... Believe me you don't want to go to the toilet and fell how some Italian guy teach you how to say some words in their lenguages...

Then we got our mains, when you see the price in the menu, you would think it would come with some sides, but it actually didn't, and also the portions didn't worth it, I got my lasagna and it tasted really weird, I mean, it was lasagna taste bus the meat souse were too strong, is not how a lasagna supposed to be,and I know it because am an Italian and I think I have had a better lasagna by the frozen ones in asda.... And they are just 1£ each and this was like 8-9£

I don't think the place is bad at all, the front of the house staff is really nice and they are all good looking and properly dressed for the quality they are looking for, but they really need to improve their kitchen staff and pay attention to the details. Hopefully they will do it soon...

5  Thank francisco s