“Amazing pancakes! ”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Amazing pancakes! ”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Visited for brunch after seeing the great reviews on here. We were not disappointed. We all had pancakes and they were absolutely fabulous. Quite a big stack and tasted great! Nice atmosphere too and the staff were really pleasant and helpful.

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I have never had a bad meal here”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The staff and food at The Tube Diner are second to none. I found it quite by accident a few years ago when visiting an exhibition at The Paint Works and decided to drop in for a quick meal. I had no idea it was going to be so excellent.

While the setting wouldn't normally strike you as somewhere to go out of your way to eat, you certainly would not be disappointed that you did.

My only criticism, is they aren't open every day and into the evening.

1 Thank rTiGd2
Bath, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Brilliant food, nicely done and fantastic friendly staff.

Charlie the owner should do the voice for the M&S adverts, makes all his food sound fantastic and they back it up by producing fantastic food.

2 Thank Mike H
West Midlands
“Delicious food with excellent service.”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Went to the diner today and I can honestly say I had the best poached eggs I've ever tried. My brunch was amazing and the bacon out of this world. Such good quality food and staff very friendly. Have been here before and have never been disappointed. An all round great experience, funky and relaxed.

2 Thank BeeWestMidlands
Crewe
“A little gem of a place. Best burger I've had for years.”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We visited on American Independence Day, a good time to try out a place with a good reputation for top quality burgers.

Two shiny, aluminium, caravan "diners", one the kitchen, the other a 30/40's style " restaurant car, with outside tables on artificial grass, at The Paint Works. I'm told the vans were imported from The States.

The staff were engaging, friendly and really hard working, especially the guy, who was virtually one-handed with his right arm in a splint.

When we arrived, the place was busy, we were told "I'm sorry, but everyone's come at once, and we've got 10 take-outs to do as well, so there will be a 20 min wait for the food". Fine, we knew the score and were happy to wait and chat.

We found seats for the 5 of us inside and had a coke or two. 20 mins later the food arrived, the cheese burger was excellent, made from real mince beef, the sort of meat you'd buy from an independent butcher's shop. I rarely have burgers simply because in most fast food chains the meat is scraped of the bones after all the decent meat as been removed. The last burger I had from the American chain with a Scottish name made me ill for days. Nothing like that here, the quality of the product at The Tube was obvious.

Service with a smile, the place was clean,

If you haven't been yet - go! The Tube Diner is worthy of a detour.
Top quality, American style "fast food", from a quirky, eatery with excellent staff, providing good "old fashioned service, "Back to the Future".

Brilliant, well done!