“A bit disappointing”

Ranked #322 of 1,623 Restaurants in Bristol
Wiltshire, UK
“A bit disappointing”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I visited this restaurant on a Saturday lunchtime as I thought that the wait would be too long in the likes of Nandos and was hoping that for the price you pay you'd get a decent meal but unfortunately I was a bit disappointed.

At the time I arrived the restaurant was quiet and the guy behind the counter called over to tell me to sit down wherever. I walked towards the back of the restaurant where a group of people were sat but they looked 'daggers' at me. I then realised that they were staff and they were having a meeting but how was I supposed to know this. Already I felt uncomfortable.
The waitress brought over a menu and explained how to order and the guy that took my order was friendly and polite. It took longer than I thought for them to bring over my drink but the food didn't take long to arrive.

I enjoyed the burger and it was cooked to my request but I was very disappointed with the skinny fries. I'm not sure how to describe them really, they just weren't very nice but as I had paid for them I wasn't going to waste them. My meal and a drink cost £13 which I thought was quite expensive considering the fact that you could get the same in other restaurants for less than that.

• Visited April 2014

Bath, United Kingdom
“Tasty”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Was pleasantly surprised that they had a vegan option (only one sadly) which turned out to be more like layered chargrilled vegetables than an actual burger, but nonetheless was very tasty. Their satay sauce was delicious. Very nice side options of sweet potato fries and skinny rosemary fries are highly recommended. Bit pricey but worth it for good food.

• Visited February 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Let down...”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My boyfriend and I had some time to kill before going to watch a film, so wanted to grab some lunch. We couldn't decide whether to go for the quick, cheap KFC option or to sit down and grab a GBK. We decided to have a GBK as I had never been.. looking back we probably should have just gone to KFC.

The burger I had was okay.. nothing special yet rather expensive, paying £11 for a burger that would have cost me something like £4 in KFC seemed extortionate. We ordered two portions of chips which were thin and bland, so I decided to put some of the red powder in the silver containers on them. (Not sure what flavour the powder is, chilli or something possibly?) .. anyway, I held onto the handle, lifted it up to start shaking some powder on, and the whole lid just came off. So I had a bowl of chips covered in spicy powder - shame they can't put the lids on properly! Nevertheless, they replaced the bowl of chips - but no apology.

Our meal came to roughly £30, which I thought was ridiculous for two average burgers and some bland chips.
I don't think I will be returning in a hurry - sad because I always had high expectations for GBK :(

• Visited January 2014
Bath, United Kingdom
“Always consistantly good”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

A great little restaurant, for a quick bite. The food is always good, they have a large range of delicious burgers, including several veggi options. There's a really good range of drinks and there are jugs of tap water freely available The service is always friendly & efficient. The inside has recently been revamped and it feels light & modern

• Visited February 2014
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Great burger”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Had a really nice and juicy burger only disappointment were onion rings they weren't cooked inside just the crust and raw inside also the fopries with Rosemary weren't that good too oily for me.

Overall, nice athmosphere and nice burger will def go back again :)

Visited January 2014