“It may be Crow Lane, but it is awesome!”

Henbury Balti House
Ranked #523 of 1,592 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“It may be Crow Lane, but it is awesome!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I've been to the Henbury Balti House numerous times since it opened about a year ago. I was previously a regular at the British Raj because when I moved to Bristol about 14 years ago I was told that it was the best in Bristol.... Sadly, the British Raj is not that great these days, and after too many dodgy meals I decided to try my nearest (And newest) Indian. I have always been pleasantly surprised with my new local Indian. The food is always hot, very tasty, and very well priced. This place isn't pretentious, it isn't expensive, but it is the best Indian takeaway I've had in Bristol in a long time. I would recommend you try the tandoori chicken... It is a common feature in just about every Indian, but they do it so well!

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Peter M

Brisbane, Australia
“Brilliant Curry - Best Takeaway in ages!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

5 of us ordered takeaway for Southmead Fire Station.... We cook currys a lot at home and at work... All the curries we had from here tonight were amazing, bursting with taste, nothing was greasy, onion baji and poppadoms were top class. Thank you very much. Will definitely be going back for a repeat visit. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Andypro99
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

You probably wouldn´t expect much from an indian restaurant next to a kebab and a fish and chips, and which from the outside looks much like a take away like so many others. But once you sit down and order from the very friendly staff, everything becomes a feast. The pappadoms come with a delicious selection of chutneys and pickles, and the actual dishes are very tasteful. The lassi was perhaps a little salty, but that is just a minor detail in an otherwise wonderfil dinner experience. And it´s good value, too!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank ErikAris
“Longest wait ever for food!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Thought we'd have a nice take away as it would be quick. Never again! Waited an hour and twenty minutes for our food! The only thing which stopped me walking out was the entertainment provided by the utter chaos that was the kitchen! Shouting and confusion made this place look like it was being ran by Basil Fawlty, It was hilarious!!! I must admit the front of house staff were very apoligetic, I did get a free drink but unfortunately it was only a can of coke as they don't have an alcohol licence. When I finally got the food home it was pretty average. I understand this place is new, I'll probably give it another go in the hope that they've sorted their problems out!

Bristol, United Kingdom
“best Indian food for ages”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have visited this new restaurant a few times now and each time the food has been tasty and authentic. There is a wide menu and the prices are very good- mains £6-£7! The staff are friendly and the decor is pleasant. Parking easy.

• Visited May 2014