“At least an equal to any Bristol Indian / Thai Restaurant”
Review of Maniks Restaurant

Maniks Restaurant
Ranked #667 of 1,878 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Maniks has been involved in the evolving culinary cuisine, our ethos is simple, never compromise on the quality, always look to source fresh produce locally and commit to providing exemplary service. Our dishes will not be heavily loaded with spices or oils but instead we aim to offer you mouth-watering flavours that animate the pallette and give you an ever lasting taste that is healthy but also entices you to try more dishes from our combined Indian and Thai menus. Over the coming weeks we will be launching theme nights, offers and live events, bringing India and Thailand to Bristol All our dishes are prepared each day using the highest quality ingredients, Experience the difference
Reviewed 9 December 2015

Have no real excuse for not having visited this local restaurant sooner especially as we both love Indian & Thai food - possibly a case of the 'grass is always greener'. Well as this night certainly demonstrated it isn't.
The decor strikes you that you are walking into a top quality restaurant that would not be out of place in the centre of Bristol or Bath. Both the starters and mains lived up to this expectation being flavoursome, colourful (in a natural way) and nicely presented.
Rounding off the whole experience were staff that were both welcoming and friendly.
Finally the restaurant is BYO which is just an added bonus.

1  Thank Tinram_R

Reviewed 5 December 2015 via mobile

I have driven past Maniks quite a few times and decided it would be an interesting Resterant to try ,so when my wife's auntie decided to come over from Cyprus I thought we would go .
My wife has a very bad allergic reaction to quite a lot of different foods , the worst being tomatoes,so when I booked the table I spoke to the manager to see if they could accommodate us , he said no problems. We arrived at 19.30 and were shown to our table by the manager himself , I told him I was the person who spoke to him about my wife's allergies and he was very helpful and took us through the menu and even changed some aspects of a dish my wife wanted . FIRST Class service. The food was some of the best I have eaten and the portions were good . The only thing to remember is that they don't serve alcohol so if you want wine or beer you have to take your own . They don't charge corkage so that's a plus in my book . And if you look at it another way you don't pay over the top Resterant prices for your drinks . Overall the Resterant has a good atmosphere,the staff were very accommodating,the food was great . We will be returning. Well done Maniks .

Date of visit: December 2015
2  Thank paullS5793KP
Reviewed 26 November 2015

As mentioned in previous reviews, I was amazed with the Maniks experience. Six of us dined and the consensus was that we haven't tasted better Indian food in Bristol. The presentation, attention to detail and flavour were second to none. The staff were obviously proud of the food delivered to our table, and rightly so. BYO gave us the flexibility to compliment the meal, which we did with a few bottles of Shiraz. Wonderful night. I'm heading back as soon as possible!

1  Thank Waspstar
Reviewed 17 November 2015

Simply amazed by maniks, great location food and service. Very well presented with great attentive staff, it's a pleasure to write this review for them.

2  Thank Zara M
Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

Had a meal with 7 of us at this restaurant last week. We had struggled to get through on the phone to book and were worried we may have to rearrange but they helpfully rang back and I'm glad they did. The food was beautiful, there was a good menu to choose from and the service was just as expected. All of our party thoroughly enjoyed their food and most declared that they would be back before long. Thank you!

3  Thank Hannah R