“Delightful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
The Greenhouse Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 53 Bristol B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 January 2014

When I'm away on business I tend to stay in hotels, partly because I like the anonymity and I can just get on with some work, and partly because I've stayed in some dreadful B & Bs where people basically charge you to share their spare room with an assortment of family memorabilia and furniture they can't quite bring themselves to get rid of but don't want in their own rooms. The Greenhouse, however, is utterly and totally different. Everything is just right: comfortable beds, good quality furniture, advice as to what's good nearby, good night's sleep, excellent breakfast, even chilled jugs of filtered water for each room left in the fridge. Everything is done with care and amazing attention to detail and the whole experience of staying there is in a league of its own. The only reservation I have is that if word gets round about how good this place is it'll be full next time I visit Bristol! (I hope not, because I don't intend staying anywhere else!)

Room Tip: No need for tips - Fran pays excellent attention to each guest.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank John H

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We have stayed at the Greenhouse three times, and will certainly return. We always enjoy the excellent breakfast, and the room (we always seem to have the same one) is very comfortable and spacious. The garden looks distinctly tempting although we usually seem to be there when it's wet or cold or both. The location is excellent, and parking, when we have the car, very easy. Fran is always helpful, and provides a warm welcome and a friendly atmosphere. Great value!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sheila492013
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The Greenhouse provided 3 of us with a very comfortable and enjoyable place to rest our heads whilst visiting Bristol for the weekend. Fran was the most accommodating of owners with nothing being too much trouble and cooking up what must be one of the best breakfasts in the city! If you want a convenient and welcoming place to stay in Bristol then look no further.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jason E
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Traveling solo, Fran Jones' empathetic approach was appreciated from the first phone call. I enjoyed that she suggested having a dripping bike in her working kitchen/utility room, despite it blocking access to her ironing, french windows and table.

It was terrific to feel I could even ask if I might invite adult granddaughter and boyfriend to experience the gorgeous breakfasts I'd been enjoying, Fran Jones gave me the best breakfast a grandfather could wish for! And the astmosphere in the diningroom, arround the shared table was ideal, conducive to conversation if you wanted it. No problem with coming in/out times, and a plenitude of useful bristol information. Fran raided private shelves to pander to my cycling interest!

The bedroom? A double was offered at a reduced rate (no hint of surcharge) despite being the only room free for the week. My four panniers-full was barely noticeable in the beautifully finshed matching suite of two large bedside tables, an ample wardrobe with sufficient depth for a man's suit to fit in without rubbing the shoulders, and large drawers beneath. There was also a desk/make-up place, with drawers to one side of the knee-space. The bed was so comfy, and the bed was made every day.

No noise problems, and 5 minutes from delightful eateries. And you must visit Mike's bakery!

Nice carpeting. Good decoration. Openable double glazed windows, TV and remote. WiFi and 2 spare 13 amp sockets to plug in phone/computer by desk and to one side of the bed.

Behind a sliding Door the shower-room was spotless, comprising :-
a raised shower-tray, a simple effective electric shower hand-held or static, a lovely shower mat (I'd get one of those) and plastic curtain;
a small wash basin with cold tap and local electric hot-water heater, and a brilliant led mirror above;
a close-coupled toilet and cistern, with rounded wooden flushing lever, appreciated by my arthriic hands;
a brilliant led mirror (should have got one at home)

Yes, a great stay for soloists.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank CBsolo
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The Greenhouse is just as it says on the tin: you get a warm welcome from Fran (with plenty of it in advance by email), a comfortable and VERY CLEAN bedroom with lovely soft goods, a VERY CLEAN bathroom that's looked after daily, and a delicious, cooked-as-you-like-it breakfast with a variety of side dishes and condiments.

For a number of years now my husband and I have eschewed cookie-cutter top-drawer hotels for better-value, personal-touch self-catering and the occasional B&B. The Greenhouse reinforces our faith that B&Bs in the UK are getting B&B (better & better) all the time. In fact, other B&Bs could learn a lot from Fran.

If I need to overnight in Bristol again, I'll definitely stay at the Greenhouse.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank chymor
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Back home I´m already missing Bristol. Thanks to Fran and her heartily hospitality. The room was cosy and very nice. The breakfast was gorgeous and very amusing. It was really a wonderful time for me and I´m so glad that I found her guesthouse. Fran gave me very good tips and I´ve done nearly everything and I enjoyed it. Just the things I love in the UK.

Room Tip: You will be fond of every room, honestly !!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2013

we had an incredible stay at The Greenhouse Ben and Breakfast. Fran went above and beyond to accommodate us and it could not have been more perfect. From the organic homemade breakfast, to the cozy rooms for sleeping, and even the mini fridge with fresh filtered water, she made our stay relaxing and enjoyable. If you are in or near Bristol, definitely stay at the Greenhouse if you can!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple