“A long weekend in Bristol”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
The Greenhouse Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 53 Bristol B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was our first visit to Bristol and we booked The Greenhouse B&B having done our research and read very good reviews. We were delighted with our accommodation and the warm welcome we received from Fran. Our room was comfortable,spotlessly clean and recently decorated. The bed was very comfortable and all facilities, including the ensuite, were new. Breakfast was flexible and superb with a generous assortment of organic fruit, cereals and choice of breads.

The Greenhouse is located in a quiet street within easy walking distance of the city centre. There is a superb selection of local pubs and restaurants nearby and parking was convenient in the street close by. We would thoroughly recommend The Greenhouse and will have no hesitation in staying there again on our next visit to the city.

David & Ines Young
27/05/2014

Room Tip: We stayed in the Elm room at the rear of the property and it was very quiet. This location is a cul...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DavidInesYoung

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have visited this lovely B & B numerous times over the past couple of months due to business in Bristol. The Greenhouse is friendly, and Fran very welcoming. The location is quiet, but only 10 minutes’ walk from the harbour. The beds are comfortable, and the shower as very good. The breakfast is most enjoyable with organic food. As, and when, I return to Bristol I know that I will be using the Greenhouse again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nick W
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Spent 3 nights at this delightful B and B in a quiet cul-de-sac with easy transport links or walks into the city centre.
Nicely decorated and appointed with very comfortable bed and lovely shower. The breakfast was delicious with locally sourced organic food.
Fran is very welcoming and gives lots of useful information. The recommended local restaurants we sampled were very good.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ann T
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We visit this hotel regularly and knew there were to be some improvements, but the revamped version is even better than expected. The rooms have been rearranged to give more space, the facilities are at least as good as before, and there is now a downstairs room which isn't completely wheelchair accessible but would suit anyone who has trouble with stairs. Our preferred room (top of the stairs) now has a shower cubicle in the bathroom as well as the bath, and my husband tells me the big raindrop shower head was lovely - I just used the regular shower head. The bed was very comfy and there was an armchair which my husband seemed very attached to as well. The dining area is a little smaller but perfectly fine, and the breakfast was very tasty, just as before. The welcome was just as warm and friendly too, and we're looking forward to many more trips here in the future

Room Tip: Ask for the downstairs room if you have trouble with stairs.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The Greenhouse B&B is the best place to stay in Bristol. I was there for the second time and I enjoyed every day. Believe me, I would like to catch the next train back to Bristol. It was a wonderful time for me again. Fran made my holidays very comfortable with her warmth and cheerful atmosphere. The rooms are very tastefully and cosy as well as clean. The beds are also comfortable and brand-new. Breakfast is fantastic with organic food. Everything is fresh and delicious.The bread is great. It´s Mark´s bread and the croissants are an absolute must. It was a lot of fun. Many thanks and see you soon again !!!

Room Tip: Every room is recommendable.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The Greenhouse is a great place to stay, close to the city centre, but amazingly quiet and peaceful (I woke early one morning to hear birdsong outside the window - not the usual cars and sirens you expect of a city centre). Fran is a friendly and welcoming host and the breakfasts she supplies are among the best we've ever had - more fruit than we could eat! The rooms are light, airy and comfortable. It really is a relaxing haven, tucked away in a quiet cul-de-sac, where those guests with cars can park easily. It's an ideal base, whether you're in Bristol for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lizzie S
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I went to Bristol with a friend over the Easter break and we stayed at The Greenhouse B&B. The place was really lovely and welcoming and Fran, the owner, was very helpful with tips of where to go and what to see in this interesting city. The breakfast was delicious and we even found some chocolate Easter eggs on our table on Easter Sunday. I would thoroughly recommend this place as it is quite near from the city centre and well linked by public transport.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Beech room and it was really quiet and comfortable in size and everything else. Th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends