“Great ciders and beers, and with valid student card cheap drinks during the week ”
Review of The White Lion Bar

The White Lion Bar
Ranked #121 of 148 Nightlife in Bristol
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I visited here during the week with a group of friends on a particularly hot, sunny day and enjoyed incredibly cheap drinks on the terrace overlooking the Clifton Suspension Bridge. However, when I visited again 2 days later on the weekend with my parents I was on for a hell of a shock when 2 pints of cider, a glass of wine and a few packets of peanuts cost me over £15! Apart from this, you cannot fault this bar, with amazing views across the gorge, plenty of outside seating, and if you're a student visiting during the week with a valid student card, amazing prices on food and drink!

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Came over to bristol from bath for a day trip and visited the white lion/ Avon gorge hotel for an early lunch. Service was excellent along with friendliness of staff. Manager was friendly and hospitable and food ordered was a good standard and was served promptly. All in all a good experience.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I brought my family here on the weekend for a mid day bite. We were welcomed by the friendly manager on the bar. I was amazed by the stunning view (best view in bristol) and friendly quick service. The numerous people on the terrace brought atmosphere. The food was filling and good value for the location. A must when visiting bristol.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This bar has it all - great service and beautiful views onto the Clifton Suspension Bridge. A nice walk through Clifton Village gets you to this Bar. An excellent destination for a drink at any time of the year. We take all our friends who visit us in Bristol to this fab bar.