“Best falafel I have had for years”
Review of ednas-kitchen

ednas-kitchen
Ranked #175 of 1,576 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$7 - US$8
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Right in the centre of bristol at castle park[top of union street] we run a friendly kiosk serving home made healthy vegetarian/vegan middle eastern food to go. Delicious freshly made authentic Falafel, Hummus, meze salad boxes, Sabich, Halloumi wraps, home made cakes, excellent coffee, organic Teas, Chai, hot chocolate, fruit juices. outdoor sitting available. we provide outside catering to local business,individuals,parties.see website. opening hours Monday till Sunday 10am-5pm. all welcome !
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Best falafel I have had for years”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We found this place quite by accident while wandering down from St Nicholas Market. The food was wonderful, quite simply the best falafel I have had in a very long time. My partner also highly recommends the brownies. We also ordered baklava, which was equally good.

It is amazing value for money. The pitta was stuffed with salad and falafel and the wrap my partner had would have easily fed two people. Unusually, the salad was also fantastic rather than just a few limp lettuce leaves shoved in to bulk it out.

It is also set in a beautiful location and we were lucky enough to visit on a sunny day.

• Visited May 2014

United Kingdom
“Lush”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I love falafel in pitta as a snack/meal and this one was pretty amazing. I've loved Eat-a-Pitta in St Nicks market for a long time but someone told me about Edna's and I had to give it a go and it was really good, tasty, and full to bursting with falafel and salad. It didn't have the added couscous Eat-a-Pitta does but it does have added spiciness that Eat-a-Pitta doesn't have. They are both great in their own ways and I think more research into the two is needed!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Drew213
A TripAdvisor Member
“Hen do picnic! ”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Thank you Edna for providing us with a fantastic picnic for our hen party this week, the food was amazing, lots of yummy salads, Falafels & hummus etc. it was a great start to the weekend. Thank you Kate

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Best Falafel and best Hummus in Bristol! Amazing :)”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I'm vegan and having a good place where to get some nice vegan food is not always an easy task. Sometimes I feel it would be easier to find a 100pound note :)

Today was my fourth or fifth time in the past few weeks that I went to Edna's lovely kiosk. This place is inside Castle Park which is a great location to have a lunch breathing fresh air surrounded by trees flowers and other plants...and if you don't want to sit on the grass, or on the park benches, the kiosk got also a dining area with tables and lots of colorful and differently shaped chairs: get your pita and sit wherever you fancy the most! :)

Today I also got the chance to try the falafel on its own (normally I have a pita or a wrap)!
In my opinion? It's the best falafel I ever tried so far, much much better than the falafels you could get in other more well know (for the moment) places in Bristol! Both the taste and the texture were great! While I was eating my pita I told Edna (she is the Chef) that her falafel was really great...do you want to know what she replied to me? That she will do even better by creating and improving her recipes! This makes me too happy! :) Her food is already amazing, it's hard to imagine something better, but if Edna told me she will, then I trust her! She seems to know what she is doing, and by what I could see she is doing what she loves the most: making people happy with the earthy and healthy food she creates with her hands! Perhaps I'm a romantic one, but I really see poetry in Edna's Kitchen and the way things are being done!

Driven by curiosity I also visited Edna's kitchen website, it's very well done and I discovered that she caters and that she has lots of stuff on the menu! I normally get a pita because I'm always in a hurry, but next time I will get there a bit earlier so that I can have a better look to all of Edna's Menu! And try something new!
By the way, visiting Edna's website, it's very interesting to discover 10 things about hummus that nobody else will ever reveal to you! :) And it is good to discover that Edna introduced hummus to the city of Bristol back in the 80's! Her hummus is definitely the best in Bristol and among the most delicious ones I ever tried in my life.

Conclusion: Edna seems to be doing things with heart, and this gives an extra special touch to her dishes, which already taste awesome, and to her lovely kiosk, which seems to be run with love and in a friendly way.
Employees smiles seems to be real and not a forced "business policy", which makes me think that people are happy to work at Edna's Kitchen. I evaluate businesses that treat workers like humans and not like machines. I love local, I love organic, but I also love ethic!
Definitely, when I go to Edna's Kitchen I feel like going to an "earthy healthy food emporium".
And don't forget to ask your loyalty card, or you will miss the stamps that will lead you to get your free Pita!

My review contains lots of beautiful words: but beautiful things need beautiful words to be described!...Best luck for this new local business in Bristol!

• Visited April 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice homemade ”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The falafel she made in the kitchen was very nice home made fresh and it is organic swell the red and green sauce was so fresh and tasty
I would go again for any breakfast lunch or evening meal

1 Thank Prashanth K