“A brilliant budget hotel...it does what it says on the tin!!!”

Ibis Bristol Centre
Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stayed here for a few nights while visiting family in Bristol. Brilliant location, extremely clean and modern throughout, friendly and helpful staff, good bar prices and breakfast was nice! All in all a really excellent budget hotel in a vibrant and cosmopolitan part of beautiful Bristol! I would definately stay here when visiting this part of the country again :0)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Ibismanager, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2011

Dear guest,

Thanks a lot for your review,

Positive feedback is always appreciated.
I hope you enjoyed your time in the vibrant city of Bristol and hope to welcome you again in the future.

All the best.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,545)

A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed 24 July 2011

The hotel is in an excellent location, close to the centre and in a square where there are lots of bars and restaurants by the harbour. I paid what I thought was a fairly average price to stay there for a couple of nights while I graduated from uni with my parents. The rooms were well equipped and very clean, however there were quite a few things that ruined my stay.

1. The beds were RIDICULOUSLY uncomfortable and hard, I got approx 3 hours sleep each night, which left me a very bad mood for my graduation ceremony.
2. We ordered what we thought would be a quick lunch, just before my graduation, it took over half an hour for them to get us three sandwiches and heat up some soup, and we went up to ask for it twice, this is all despite the fact that we were the only people in the restaurant. The staff were very friendly, but had difficulty understanding english and didn't seem to know what they were doing. This all meant that after paying a hefty £25 for a mediocre lunch, we didn't have time to eat most of it and I was nearly late for my graduation ceremony.
3. We were warned the times when the breakfast buffet would be busy, so we we went down a little later, when there were not so many people. Breakfast was pretty dire to be honest, on the first day, all the 'hot' food was stone cold and not particularly nice, they also ran out of big plates, so had to have it on side plates. on the second day the food was hot, but there was no cutlery and it took them 10 minutes to get some, so it went cold.
4. The cards for entering the rooms, didn't work most of the time, it took 20 swipes to let us in, and one stopped working altogether (they did sort this out for us nice and quickly though.)
5. The bathrooms were very clean and very nice, the showers were lovely, good temperature and water pressure, however, when you ran the taps in the basin, there was a bit of a nasty smell coming out of the drain.

I've said that I wouldn't recommend to a friend, but if you like a hard bed and aren't planning on eating at the hotel, then it'd actually be very good.

Also, I didn't know this before I went, but the hotel doesn't have its own parking. You have to use the public car park where you get a small discount. It's about £8 for overnight and £12 for 24hours, but you cant come and go during that time.

Hope this is helpful!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Customer,

Thanks you for posting your impressions about the Hotel, your feedback is very appreciated.
I do apologize for the issues you encountered with us.

Your comments about the mattress is taken into account and we are planning to refurbish our bedrooms soon next year to improve the sleep quality of all our customers.

Your experience in the restaurant was definitely not up to our standards and I would like to let you know that the issues you mentionned are addressed accordingly and training has been made for our Waiting team to avoid future reoccurences.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 17 July 2011

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmzyW
Ibismanager, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2011

Reviewed 11 July 2011

Easy to check in and out and friendly staff. Very good location. There are 2 near by car parks which you get at a discounted rate when staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Ibismanager, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2011

Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
Your comments are always valuable and do motivate us a lot.
I ll pass on your remark to the team.

Thanks again, and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back.

Best Regards

Reviewed 6 July 2011

Great location, parking expensive, subsidy for parking is only for overnight and any daytime parking is charged at full rate. Room was basic, but adequate. Internet access was available at an extra charge via the TV, the option was available on the first day of our stay then disappeared and our room had a bad drain smell, both things reported to reception but not resolved during our stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Ibismanager, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2011

Dear Customers,

Thanks a lot for your remarks about the Hotel.

I do apologize for the matter you encountered in the bedrooms.
The drains smell is an issue we spotted thanks to similar comments and we are currently woking on solving it to make sure this doesn't happen again.

I do understand your disappointement about the car park, sadly we do not have any power on this as it is a private business, we tried to increase the discount for our guests, sadly could not manage to get a better one than what we already have.

Thanks again and I wish we will welcome you again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 6 July 2011

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank RachelMegan2013

Reviewed 4 July 2011

Our first stay in an Ibis. Good location near the waterfront, and well located to walk up to Park St to the University/Clifton. Friendly service. Room basic (ie no hairdryer) and beds a tad on the hard side. Bathrrom a bit like being in a caravan, but modern with a good shower; a few soap stains in the sink though.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan123Derbyshire

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your comments about Ibis Bristol Centre.
your feedback are taken into accounts and we constantly try to improve our services and quality standards.
I was quite concerned about your comments about the cleanliness and I can assure you that those issues will be addressed accordingly.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Best Regards