“Lost property never returned” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis Bristol Centre

Ibis Bristol Centre
Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
“Lost property never returned”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this place the night before his graduation day and left a jade charm necklace which is a extremely memorable item from my grandma, and the most important gift I have ever had. Because in the morning we were extremely rushed and I put the charm under the pillow I left without puting it back on. I understand this is my fault to have done this in first place but how did the staff deal with this? We went back the next day and were told they wash the sheet together with the pillows so they would roll everything together and wash together, but I was still hoping that the cleaner lady have seen it when cleaning the room and i was thinking that the charm might still be in one of the rolls as the pillows are soft so the charm wont break if it's trapped between so many sheets and pillows, so my boyfriend keeps calling to check if that is the case, basically asking more details about how and where they get the sheets and pillows washed! What we get is the housrkeeping manager is always in meeting every single time we tried to call her and doesn't even have time to call us back when meeting is finished for two days now!
All I wanted is to ask is where or which company they use to clean their sheets so I can possibly contact them in case they see the necklace they would know who to contact at least! I'm simply trying my very best to think and do things to get my precious present back but felt very disappointed with the staffs.
Because it is so so difficult to get hold of someone who have time to respond to us about the info I needed ,and needed urgently.
I also don't understand, if something is under a pillow they would simply miss it completely. On the day I went back, their were at least 3 other people calling for lost properties, and their answer was nothing has been found in the room. Very very disappointed.

Stayed July 2013
Mikhail M, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience of the hotel. I’ll look into this personally and come back to you.Kind regards, Maria Pla

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Relaxed atmosphere - staff very friendly. Room was clean - great shower. Good location plenty of places to eat and drink - although busy area room was quiet, slept well. Parking - use of two car parks take yuor ticket to the hotel reception and you receive a discount we paid £12 for one night.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Ibis Bristol Centre and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Maria Pla
No City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

We celebrated my stag in Bristol in July 2013. Although we had a drink or two, we were made up of a range of ages and personalities and were not your typical group of young lads intent on offending all and sundry! I had heard mixed reviews on this hotel, but we found it to be superbly located for our needs, with polite staff and a very good value breakfast too, which was better than in similar priced hotels. The rooms were fine - cool enough considering it was scorching outside, and clean enough, if not spotless...can't say that is a major issue for me personally. For the price we paid we were very impressed and although the parking in that part of town is not cheap, the location itself was excellent. Bristol is beautiful and this part of town is clean and new and recently developed and we all had an excellent long weekend.
Oh, one little thing, the two single beds in our room were right next to each other...but they are light enough to spin round pretty easily, which is what we did so we had a little more room to ourselves!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Ibis Bristol Centre and I hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Maria Pla