“Stay for sons birthday”

Ibis Bristol Centre
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed overnight here to celebrate sons birthday. The location of this hotel is exceptional for the sights of Bristol. Clean and quiet, good quality breakfast. Nothing fancy but good value for money. Would recommend a short stay here

• Stayed: July 2013
Maria P, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Bristol Centre and I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

A nice clean hotel, lovely staff, comfy bed, powerful shower, cleaned daily. Harbour side is great, felt like being abroad. Ferry trips, cocktails & messing about on the river. I love Bristol and it's people, very friendly and I highly recommend to everyone. Coming back again & Bath is only 15 mins away on the train.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Bristol Centre and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

The booking process on-line was easy and the welcome by the staff was perfect....except the Ibis website told me nothing about parking and the construction of the hotel appears to have lacked any form of soundproofing!
When I arrived at the hotel reception told me that parking nearby gave me 30% discount overnight which was a welcome discovery but annoying because I had spent an hour on the internet sourcing cheap parking! Word of warning the stamp Ibis give you for 30% only works for overnight parking and if you, as I did, try to do it for the next day the ticket machine goes haywire and you get charged for 6 hours instead of 2!!
Now the room, very presentable but once you try to sleep the noise from adjoining and above rooms wakes you hourly - I recommend ear plugs!

Room Tip: Just take ear plugs!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Mikhail M, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Ibis Bristol Centre. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the car park which we have since addressed. Kind regards, Maria Pla

Reviewed 22 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this place the night before his graduation day and left a jade charm necklace which is a extremely memorable item from my grandma, and the most important gift I have ever had. Because in the morning we were extremely rushed and I put the charm under the pillow I left without puting it back on. I understand this is my fault to have done this in first place but how did the staff deal with this? We went back the next day and were told they wash the sheet together with the pillows so they would roll everything together and wash together, but I was still hoping that the cleaner lady have seen it when cleaning the room and i was thinking that the charm might still be in one of the rolls as the pillows are soft so the charm wont break if it's trapped between so many sheets and pillows, so my boyfriend keeps calling to check if that is the case, basically asking more details about how and where they get the sheets and pillows washed! What we get is the housrkeeping manager is always in meeting every single time we tried to call her and doesn't even have time to call us back when meeting is finished for two days now!
All I wanted is to ask is where or which company they use to clean their sheets so I can possibly contact them in case they see the necklace they would know who to contact at least! I'm simply trying my very best to think and do things to get my precious present back but felt very disappointed with the staffs.
Because it is so so difficult to get hold of someone who have time to respond to us about the info I needed ,and needed urgently.
I also don't understand, if something is under a pillow they would simply miss it completely. On the day I went back, their were at least 3 other people calling for lost properties, and their answer was nothing has been found in the room. Very very disappointed.

Stayed: July 2013

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience of the hotel. I’ll look into this personally and come back to you.Kind regards, Maria Pla

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Relaxed atmosphere - staff very friendly. Room was clean - great shower. Good location plenty of places to eat and drink - although busy area room was quiet, slept well. Parking - use of two car parks take yuor ticket to the hotel reception and you receive a discount we paid £12 for one night.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Ibis Bristol Centre and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Maria Pla

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We celebrated my stag in Bristol in July 2013. Although we had a drink or two, we were made up of a range of ages and personalities and were not your typical group of young lads intent on offending all and sundry! I had heard mixed reviews on this hotel, but we found it to be superbly located for our needs, with polite staff and a very good value breakfast too, which was better than in similar priced hotels. The rooms were fine - cool enough considering it was scorching outside, and clean enough, if not spotless...can't say that is a major issue for me personally. For the price we paid we were very impressed and although the parking in that part of town is not cheap, the location itself was excellent. Bristol is beautiful and this part of town is clean and new and recently developed and we all had an excellent long weekend.
Oh, one little thing, the two single beds in our room were right next to each other...but they are light enough to spin round pretty easily, which is what we did so we had a little more room to ourselves!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Ibis Bristol Centre and I hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Maria Pla