“Nice, clean - same as HI Express but less expensive for this location”

Ibis Bristol Centre
Ranked #22 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Canadian in Wales
“Nice, clean - same as HI Express but less expensive for this location”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I was happy with this Ibis in Bristol Centre - room was new and recently updated. Ian at the desk made me very happy by being willing to print off a document I needed for a meeting - thanks! The breakfast had a good selection of items. It is about a 10 minute walk from the Bristol Temple Meads station - use your smartphone map app to get there. Very handy for my city centre meeting the next morning. Warning - traffic is horrible at 7-9am in Bristol centre - you are faster to walk to your meeting than to wait for a cab! The bath/toilet room is one of the "plastic insert units" but a pretty nice one so I didn't mind this.

Room Tip: I was in 115 - the rooms aren't carpeted but have a nice hardwood look - I suspect that my room...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HannahHughes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Myself and my partner stayed at this hotel last night to get away for my Birthday. What a disaster! Firstly we arrive and were told we have to pay to park overnight in a car park £12.50!!! This is something that needs to be advised before booking as when you look for a hotel you look for the cheapest but this wouldn't of been the cheapest if we knew about the parking.

2nd point: We got to the room unpacked and settled in. My partner goes into the bathroom finds 2 plastic cups on the sink in wrapper but were cracked so couldn't be used.

3rd point- After showering we were going to chill out for an hour or so after travelling before we went out for a meal, Went to turn on the TV and nothing was happening. TV didn't work. My partner telephoned the reception who then advised will send some body up to check it out. A lovely lady did come up and tried to fix it but unfortunately it wouldn't work so she advised us we would have to move rooms to the floor below as there was nobody in the hotel that night who she could get to fix the TV. We had to pack everything back up get dressed again as we were in our lounge wear due to just showering. Go to the new room and start again- This was our relaxing time before our meal which we then had the rush due to a meal being booked for a certain time.

4th- NOISE! The hotel is based in the city centre of Bristol so ok I will accept that its there for youngsters who go out on the town. The banging, shouting, screaming was horrendous!! I got up one time to go to the door and see who was there, The corridor was full of girls and boys. I did hear once the security guard asking a guy to be quiet as its early hours and people are sleeping. ( So someone must of already called down to the reception as I was going to ) That was ONCE around 2:30am. 6.30am came and they were still banging, shouting and screaming. Surely the security guards should monitor the corridors- It was like a play zone for children the noise. It became very annoying and painful as we couldn't get to sleep at all.

Worst night I have spent in any hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Torz914

Travellers are raving about these Bristol hotels

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Stayed in this hotel for one night on Boxing Day as a stop on the way to Wales. Great location with everything in walking distance, and staff very friendly and helpful - however one person I talked to wasn't really familiar with the area.

The room was better than I expected for the price I paid, but the walls must be very thin, as I could hear loud music from other rooms, running and shouting in the hallway, and stomping in the room above mine. Music and running in the hallway didn't stop until 12:30 at night, but I suppose that is what you can expect from a budget hotel. I wouldn't have minded if I had gone with friends, but I was just there to get a good night's sleep. Next time I'll know!

As it turned out, I did have a good night's sleep and an overall good experience with the hotel, but other's might have been more bothered about it.

Wouldn't stay in this hotel for more than one night because of the noise, but I have nothing but praise for the great location and value for money - a great hotel if you're on a budget and don't mind the noise at night.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Staying at the ibis is not exactly the top of my list.

However staying for two nights it was excellent. The room is clean, comfortable, everything works. The temperature was just right.

Power shower had loads of power. The lighting was bright. Breakfast had everything you required.

As for location. Well in the heart of Bristol. Loads of places to eat and even some casinos. All within 1 min walk.

Here for business but glad I am staying at the ibis.

May only be a 2 star but sometimes that more than enough.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Exeter
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights in January 2014, to get away for my birthday. We booked the hotel a couple of months in advance direct through the Ibis website and paid around £35 per night room only, which we thought was great value.
The hotel itself was very nice and quite modern. There was a big cafe/bar off the reception downstairs which we used both nights and it was a bonus to have that. All of the staff we dealt with were very friendly and helpful.
The room was clean and a good size, with a clean, modern bathroom. The shower was a very good powerful one. You get free wifi which we made use of, and also tea and coffee making things. There was a big flatscreen TV and also a hairdryer provided. The bed was really comfy and the sheets were spotless!
The best thing about the hotel was definitely the location. It's behind the cathedral, right next door to @Bristol, so really close to the shops on Park St and there were lots of restaurants and bars nearby. We particularly enjoyed a cider bar called the Stable, right by the water, and a restaurant right next door to the hotel called the Living Room, where we had a fantastic dinner.
Overall we had a great stay. I woudl not hesitate to recommend this hotel and we'll definitely be staying there next time we go to Bristol!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed here for one night ! Thankfully, on arrival told no parking ,told to go around corner discount parking ,entered hotel and builders every where had to step over builder at reception and his bottom was hanging out !!!!! Had to shout over noise ! Then told breakfast not included ,went to room, no cups, one towel , dirty shower,went out for dinner got back went to bed , fire alarms went off ,couldn't sleep after that fear of fire,got up went to pay bill told we had parked in wrong car park !! Bill for£20.00 thankyou ibis ! It would have been cheaper at the marriott as all of it was inclusive , never again.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family