“If you're looking for a pleasant hop in hop out stay this is your call”

Ibis Bristol Centre
Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
Bristol, United Kingdom
“If you're looking for a pleasant hop in hop out stay this is your call”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Overall the hotel is, modern, clean and friendly. For those who do not know Bristol so well, the hotel is located in an ideal location; tonnes of great restaurants, bars, shops and of course the beautiful waterfront all within in a short walking distance. The rooms are simple nothing luxurious, but they give you everything you need for a simple nights stay. If you're looking for a port of call for a one night stop over, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jordon_munro
Maria P, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback regading you stay at Ibis Bristol Centre Harbourside. Thank you also for recommending our hotel to other visitors. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Maria P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hereford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Perfect booking for us. Centrally located with loads of places to eat and drink nearby. A short walk in to town and everything on your doorstep. We paid £16 for 24 hrs parking at the multi story next door which was v reasonable. The check in/out was easy and our room was clean..tidy and everything you would expect at these prices. No complaints from us and we would stay again when in Bristol.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mistermarcus1972
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Good value, comfy bed, quirky stylish bathroom "pod". Clean and bright room with a window that opened..bliss. . Excellent staff...very friendly and helpful. Everything you might need for a business trip. Taxi from station costs nearly £10.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nettlebed6
Maria P, Front Office Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear Nettlebed6,

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Bristol Centre.

Kind regards,

Luisa Jolin
Front Office Manager
tyne&wear
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stopped here for 2nights on a visit to bristol the hotel is central of the city this is a fab budget hotel the rooms are spacious and immaculate there is a bar attached but the nightlife is all with in 5minute walk of hotel lots of restaurants nearby the staff were very pleasant and helpfull will stay again on next visit to bristol

Room Tip: All good rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank petedale
Canadian in Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

I was happy with this Ibis in Bristol Centre - room was new and recently updated. Ian at the desk made me very happy by being willing to print off a document I needed for a meeting - thanks! The breakfast had a good selection of items. It is about a 10 minute walk from the Bristol Temple Meads station - use your smartphone map app to get there. Very handy for my city centre meeting the next morning. Warning - traffic is horrible at 7-9am in Bristol centre - you are faster to walk to your meeting than to wait for a cab! The bath/toilet room is one of the "plastic insert units" but a pretty nice one so I didn't mind this.

Room Tip: I was in 115 - the rooms aren't carpeted but have a nice hardwood look - I suspect that my room...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HannahHughes
Swansea, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Myself and my partner stayed at this hotel last night to get away for my Birthday. What a disaster! Firstly we arrive and were told we have to pay to park overnight in a car park £12.50!!! This is something that needs to be advised before booking as when you look for a hotel you look for the cheapest but this wouldn't of been the cheapest if we knew about the parking.

2nd point: We got to the room unpacked and settled in. My partner goes into the bathroom finds 2 plastic cups on the sink in wrapper but were cracked so couldn't be used.

3rd point- After showering we were going to chill out for an hour or so after travelling before we went out for a meal, Went to turn on the TV and nothing was happening. TV didn't work. My partner telephoned the reception who then advised will send some body up to check it out. A lovely lady did come up and tried to fix it but unfortunately it wouldn't work so she advised us we would have to move rooms to the floor below as there was nobody in the hotel that night who she could get to fix the TV. We had to pack everything back up get dressed again as we were in our lounge wear due to just showering. Go to the new room and start again- This was our relaxing time before our meal which we then had the rush due to a meal being booked for a certain time.

4th- NOISE! The hotel is based in the city centre of Bristol so ok I will accept that its there for youngsters who go out on the town. The banging, shouting, screaming was horrendous!! I got up one time to go to the door and see who was there, The corridor was full of girls and boys. I did hear once the security guard asking a guy to be quiet as its early hours and people are sleeping. ( So someone must of already called down to the reception as I was going to ) That was ONCE around 2:30am. 6.30am came and they were still banging, shouting and screaming. Surely the security guards should monitor the corridors- It was like a play zone for children the noise. It became very annoying and painful as we couldn't get to sleep at all.

Worst night I have spent in any hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Torz914
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Stayed in this hotel for one night on Boxing Day as a stop on the way to Wales. Great location with everything in walking distance, and staff very friendly and helpful - however one person I talked to wasn't really familiar with the area.

The room was better than I expected for the price I paid, but the walls must be very thin, as I could hear loud music from other rooms, running and shouting in the hallway, and stomping in the room above mine. Music and running in the hallway didn't stop until 12:30 at night, but I suppose that is what you can expect from a budget hotel. I wouldn't have minded if I had gone with friends, but I was just there to get a good night's sleep. Next time I'll know!

As it turned out, I did have a good night's sleep and an overall good experience with the hotel, but other's might have been more bothered about it.

Wouldn't stay in this hotel for more than one night because of the noise, but I have nothing but praise for the great location and value for money - a great hotel if you're on a budget and don't mind the noise at night.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo