“Overnight stay”

Ibis Bristol Centre
Ranked #22 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

After booking this online as a overnight stay with my daughter I can honestly say one of the best budget hotel I stayed in. Check In was fast and efficient. The room itself well I couldn't ask for better . Clean and tidy with a stunning view of the harbour side. Didn't book breakfast until the following morning but there wasn't a problem with booking. Breakfast was a lovely choice, from a hot selection of bacon and eggs etc to cold selections of cereals, croissants etc. Plenty of selection for everyone . Would I booked here again? Without a shadow of a doubt

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cherryann T
Maria P, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you very much for sharing your experience at Ibis Bristol Centre. I am delighted to note that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our rooms and services. We hope to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

The ibis was a welcoming, fairly basic but comfortable hotel. Nearby parking approx 7.50 per night. Excellent location on harbour right amongst the nice waterfront restaurants and bars (we were there midweek and it was not too noisy or busy). Easy walking distance into main shopping areas. Nearby museums and attractions. Ideal for a few nights city break. Good value for money. We had a lovely stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay at Ibis Bristol Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback about our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip to Bristol.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one nights with a friend. The first problem occurred when we got to our room and found there was no toilet roll in the room! I rang reception but the phone just rang and rang for about five minutes - there was no other number to called for switchboard, cleaners etc. finally someone answered but didn't seen to understand what I was asking for! We did get the loo roll about 20 minutes after needing it!
The room we were in was a disabled room, so bathroom etc seemed different from pictures I had seen. The shower was awful - a tiny trickle! The room was also right next to lifts and very noisy.
Finally breakfast was disappointing - whole breakfast area wasn't very well stocked it clean. I slipped in some egg that had been dropped on the floor. I tried to tell a member of staff so it could be cleaned away but se ignored me and walked away!
This is a budget hotel and we were only staying for one night but even so I found this issues fairly surprising.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Maria P, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments following your stay at Ibis Bristol Centre. I was sorry to learn that your stay on this occasion fell short of your expectations and I apologies for the discomfort caused. Please be assured that this is not a true reflection of the high standards upon which Ibis prides itself. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

Thank you once again for your feedback, which is invaluable in our efforts to assess and continually improve upon the quality of our service. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ibis and better meeting your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed here as a woman travelling alone on Wednesday 12th Feb for an overnight stay. The staff were friendly and helpful. My room was spotless. The en suite bathroom/shower was perfect. The double bed was fresh and comfortable. There was flat screen TV. Coffee/making facilities. Telephone link to reception. Free WiFi via computer in the reception. You had the option of eating in the restaurant in the Hotel. I was going to. But the kitchen looked redundant in the evening. So I walked out the Hotel for a look round. I felt safe in the vicinity. I found several placed to eat within a short walking distance. A pizza Express. A Chinese. A restaurant opposite the Ibis. Also a Tesco Express if I had wanted to opt for buying a sandwich. I asked the reception staff about getting a Taxi to take me to my appointment at 9 o'clock and they said to phone 15 minutes before I was leaving and they would book me one. Which they did. Cant ask for better than that really.

Room Tip: The only negative thing to report was my room was 420 which was above the bins and the wheelie bin l...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Susiep2260
Maria P, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis Bristol Centre. It was a pleasure to read your feedback regarding the kindness of our team. I will share your comments with our team and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Also, thank you very much for having highlighted the quality of our rooms.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This hotel was in fact very petite in comparison to some of the other hotels in Bristol and knowing it was a budget hotel, I was expecting bland interiors, and nothing too spectacular. We stayed for two nights as a city break in order to visit some City centre restaurants and bars and the price was very competitive. Upon arrival the staff were incredibly friendly, helpful and informative. More than I have experienced in all of the previous hotels I have used in Bristol! The interior was very smart and rather stylish - reminded me of Ikea in fact. Modern and comfortable. The room albeit small, was very clean and had a thermostat so we could control the temperature ourselves. There was no bath in the bathroom but the extra roomy shower made up for that and toiletries were on hand in way of an all in one squeegy bottle for hair and body wash. The location was fantastic. Right in the city centre yet it wasn't very noisy at all!! I was expecting to hear a racket as it was at the weekend. I cannot comment on the food as we spent our days and nights eating out.
The Ibis has it sorted, style and comfort all for budget price, this is exactly what we were looking for and we hope to visit again soon!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for posting your comments following your stay. I was pleased to read about your experience at Ibis Bristol Centre. I will certainly pass on your comments regarding our staff attitude that I know that they will be delighted to learn that their efforts have been appreciated and remembered. Also, I am glad to know that you liked our recent refurbishment as well as the quality of our service. I hope that in your next visit, you will try our fantastic food from our menu.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we hope to welcome you back soon at Ibis Bristol Centre.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located in the centre of Bristol. Nice staff as always and very clean. Ideal for business or pleasure at a great price!. Modern room with tv and coffee. The bathroom is nice and spotless

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Maria P, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for posting your review. We appreciated your nice comments regarding your recent stay at Ibis Bristol Centre Harbourside. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in a big group for my brothers stag do. The rooms were all basic and clean. Perfect for what we wanted at the price. The cooked breakfast sorted most of our hang overs out. Would book again as in an ideal place for water front

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Maria P, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Ben,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I will share your comments with my team. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with your friends at Ibis Bristol Centre.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back again soon.