“Great for a short stay.”

Ibis Bristol Centre
Ranked #22 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed for the weekend. This hotel is clean and convenient for anything you want to do in Bristol. Situated near the harbour and only a few steps from @bristol, this is so convenient for a good night out. Only thing bad is the car parking, close to hotel and you do get a discounted rate but still quite expensive.

Room Tip: Only tried one room on 3rd floor, we found the room quiet,no sound from other bathrooms. Only negati...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Maria P, General Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I was delighted to hear that you found our hotel clean and convenient. At the same time, I was sorry to hear of your disappointment with regard to the cost of the car parking at the hotel. We have the agreement with the public car park and rates are competitive within all car parkings in the city centre. We do offer a discount to our guest.
Hope we can welcome you in the near future.

Kindest Regards,

There are newer reviews for Ibis Bristol Centre

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Very Ibis room, nothing special.
Good location, clean standard room like everywhere.
Just when during the breakfast I asked if I can have porridge, a waiter asked me - what is that? I was shocked.
Period)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Julia,

Thank you very much for posting your review. I was sorry to hear that a member of staff did not know what is the porridge, we do not have porridge on the breakfast buffet offer, but I will pass your comment to all my staff. Thank you again for sharing your feedback. Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed a weekend here in May.
It was a shocker from the start . The bathroom at reception area was in use but under construction , not doors in cubicle and live wires at sockets. After checking in I got to my room. There was a smell of urine in the room . So I contacted reception to let them know of the problem . I was given another room which was tiny , tiny single bed (seemed 2ft wide) and very basic . On way home back to my room that night to my disgust there was vomit on the corridor on the way to my room. Again I complained to staff , who in their defense were very courteous . I got a voucher for a free drink at the bar. I really contemplated writing to the manager of ibis hotel uk to vent my anger but to be honest I wouldn't stay in this hotel for free.

• Stayed: May 2014
Maria P, General Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I would like to apologise for the shortfalls in the standard of service you received on this occasion. I regret that your experience at Ibis Bristol Centre did not meet your expectations. Please, feel free to contact me on h5547-fo@accor.com as we can discuss further.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Room Tip: You need to check rates carefully as we paid almost £40 extra per room to stay on a Saturday night...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Good hotel, great location. Rooms very good for the money although views so so, but how long do you spend in you room after all when there is such a lot to see on the doorstep Breakfast ok Staff very good
Only slight grumble was that we had to pay to leave our luggage as our train was early evening departure.First time we have had to do that
Mike and Jenny Rigby

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Maria P, General Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. I was sorry to hear your discomfort with our luggage charge, it is a new chargeable service since this year in all Ibis UK. Hope to welcome you again at Ibis Bristol Centre.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have just returned from a 2 night stay at Ibis Bristol Central. We booked 4 rooms for a family celebration.

I cannot fault it.

The rooms were spotlessly clean, the staff were fabulous and the breakfast (£7.95pp) was one of the best I've had.

There were a lot of Hen and Stag parties around but I was not disturbed by any of them and I had a great couple of nights sleep.

Great location for family activities (SS Great Britain, Zoo, Clifton Suspension Bridge, shopping, Aquarium, @Bristol) and a lot of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Ibis Bristol Centre. Thank you again for sharing your experience. Hope to welcome you back in your next trip.

Kindest Regards,
Maria P.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a very smart looking hotel right by the @Bristol Science Centre. The Reception area and bar and very modern and futuristic but the staff are friendly and pleasant.

Rooms are adequate size, ours overlooked a side pedestrianized area, it was quite noisy until late at night, but we do like the window open slightly!

The bed was amazingly comfortable and the duvet although thin, plenty warm enough.
A hairdryer is included as are the usual kettle etc.

BUT...4 cartons of milk containing a teaspoonful of milk is inadequate as are 2 sachets of coffee (plus 2 decaff) and two teabags. This room cost over £60 for one night...I'm sure a bowl of these sundries could be placed in Reception for guests to help themselves. (As another chain are doing in Bristol!) I like a hot drink at night and one first thing..luckily I bring my own extras.

The bathroom 'pod' was great but no glasses for a teeth cleaning swish, or even a disposable plastic cup.

Shame, these mean touches spoilt an otherwise good experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Maria P, General Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Jan,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at Ibis Bristol Centre. I was sorry to learn that your stay on this occasion fell short of your expectations and I apologies for any discomfort or inconvenience caused. Thank you again for sharing your feedback as it can use to influence future service developments. Hope we can welcome you back again.

Maria P.