“Great location”

Ibis Bristol Centre
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with my wife. Great location in bristol and parking not far from the hotel. Reception staff were very quick and efficient. Plenty of places to eat and drink in the area as well. Rooms were a good size, only let down was both the internet and tv signal were very poor. I would recommend this hotel and will be using it again

Stayed: July 2014
Maria P, General Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I was delighted to hear that you found our hotel in a great location and you and your wife enjoyed your stay at Ibis Bristol Centre. I was sorry to learn that the internet and TV signal were poor, I will review it with our maintenance engineer. Also, I appreciate that you recommend our hotel. Hope we can welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,554)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here for a hen party. We seemed to be one of many hen and stag parties so if you're looking for a quiet hotel, I'd probably avoid it at the weekend.

Despite being a fairly large group, the receptionist was unable to find the group list when it came for me checking in with just my room mate. No biggie really.

The location is great, however, there was a lot of noise during the night from outside the hotel, but the hotel can't help that. I was quite amused that we had to be ticked off a list by security upon our return - I wonder if they have had a lot of random people wandering in in the past due to its location?

Room was clean. Bed very comfy. Could have done with an extra towel per person.

There's only a small area to eat considering the size of the hotel so it does get very busy at breakfast although there are signs around warning you of this.

My only gripe is having to pay £2 to leave my case in left luggage for an hour. I've never had to pay before and they could not justify the charge other than "That's the rule".

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sonal P
Maria P, General Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your comments due to your recent stay at Ibis Bristol Centre. I am glad that you found our hotel in a great location and you enjoyed our services. Thank you very much again for sharing your experince as it helps us to continuosuly improve in our services. I would like to inform you that we do charge £2 per luggage per day as an UK Ibis policy. Hope we can welcome you and your friends in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We'd booked for just one night. Very good value for a city centre hotel -particularly if you are able to book early. Room was not huge but clean and comfortable. Shower room is in a Pod (one step up) and works well. There was some noise from an external air con unit, but not over intrusive. If you are looking for a no nonsense comfortable stay in Bristol's exciting city centre -this is certainly worth considering. We've booked again for another stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without air con noise if you think this may effect you.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Peter,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I was glad to hear that you found our hotel in a good location and for a very good value. Hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank marv9n
Maria P, General Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I was in Bristol for a conference meeting with my colleague and we were staying at this hotel. The first impressions that I have is that it was in a good location, situated near the city centre and a variety of restaurants and bars. We checked in and when we got into our room, it was a little disappointing. The sheets weren't changed as we could clearly see crisps crumbs on it! Also the kettle didn't work, but we hardly used it anyway!
The staff were very friendly in helping us locate where to eat and also giving us directions to the city centre.
Overall, a wonderful stay in a good hotel, but could have been better. Recommend to anyone who wants a hotel with a good location!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Darren,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I was disappointed to learn that the standard of cleanliness in your bedroom fell below expectations. Please accept my apologise. Our Housekeeping team have a stringent set of daily procedures to follow and it is evident these were not adhered to on this occasion. Thank you for your nice comments about the hotel location and thank you for recommend our hotel. Hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in June, rooms were clean with comfortable beds. Free wifi in the hotel was a bonus but was quite slow.
The highlight of our stay was a very friendly staff member called pedro, he was very friendly and helpful giving us suggestions for bars restaurants, also gave us a map to help us get around the centre.

Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Danika,

Thank you very much for your nice comments regarding your stay at Ibis Bristol Centre, specially about our staff. I was delighted to hear that you will stay again with us. Hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

A simple smart hotel in the heart of Bristol with a pod shower room that was great. Room was small but only using it for sleeping. Clean and tidy with all modcons. Staff were polite, informative and polite. Great stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I was happy to hear that you found our hotel smart and in a good location. Thank you again for your comments about our staff, they will be happy about it. Hope we can welcome you back soon.