“Cheap and cheerful, but avoid breakfast!!”

Ibis Bristol Centre
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 13 November 2010

Stayed here for two nights as we were going to a wedding. Felt disappointed with the room in comparison to the fairly nice reception area. Can't complian too much as only paid about £60 per night, but just didn't think it would be so basic! If you'd told me I'd actually booked into an Etap I wouldn't have been surprised. I know they are the same group, but did expect more from the Ibis. I didn't mind the bathroom pod. At least it's easy to see it's clean! Lovely big shower also. Not much room for toiletries around sink, but you can't have everything! Mattress very firm but I like a firm mattress and found it very comfy, although the bed was very squeaky- even just climbing into bed or turning over! I think the room would have probably been nicer if the carpets were just a big thicker. Felt like the carpet wasn't very well hoovered(if at all). Room very warm, even with turning thermostat right down do had go open the window in the early morning and it was a bit noisy, but then again you are in the middle of Bristol. Lots of great bars within stumbling distance.

Don't bother paying £7.50 for breakfast. It's rubbish, and there are plenty of places nearby to eat probably for less and much nicer. Beans just about broke my teeth they were that hard! Plus as it's a buffet the food was sitting out for ages. Didn't have any problems with noisy guests, which was good. Due to price it does attract single sex groups/stag/hen nights, but we had no problems. Ironing room provided which I thought was good so you aren't left with ironing board cluttering up the already 'cosy' room.

You'll pay about £12 a night parking over at millennium square, so take this into consideration when looking at other more expensive rooms with free parking. Discount available to hotel guests and it's very convenient-literally across the road.

All in all it was fine. Not sure if I'd stay again - would prefer premier inn. Just don't be disappointed with your room after the fairly nice check in/reception area!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HFYoung
Ibismanager, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to write your review.
If you are willing to discuss further your concern you can contact me on h5547-gm@accor.com.

Reviewed 13 November 2010

I stay during the last weekend for a night out and i really enjoy the location but that not the only good point of this hotel. The staff is very welcoming and always here to help you (24h reception), breakfast quality is exellent for a cheap price and the room have a good size for a budget hotel. I recommend this hotel and you can go with your eyes closed, you will never get disapointed. To finish there are some security outside who make me feel safe in this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and hope we will see you soon again !

E. MARCEAU

Reviewed 11 November 2010

I stayed at the ibis after a theatre trip and was really disappointed. I usually stay at Bristols Holiday Inn By Express but thought I would try a cheaper alternative and wish I hadnt. When I arrived checkin was poor. I waited 10 minutes to be served then when I was she answered the phone whilst booking me in which i found rude. I went to my room which had no bin in and only one in the bathroom which had a very small shower. The carpet looked like it had seen better days so i was glad to go to the theatre. My evening in the room was spent listening to drunken parties and arguments with banging on the doors. It went on for so long I called reception who informed me security was dealing with it. Several times my door was knocked an plenty more arguments. Im no prude but I didnt get much sleep and added to that the bed was uncomfortable although on the plus side at least the sheets were clean. In the morning I gladly packed up pasiing a dirty pair of knickers in the hallway and when I checked out reception did not even ask if I was happy and didnt seem bothered at all.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank smirny72

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for writing your review about our hotel.
Feel free to contact me at anytime on h5547-gm@accor.com if you wish to discuss your comments further.

Reviewed 6 November 2010

Overall this hotel is GOOD value for money. It cost £67 for a double room on a Friday night. The only downfall of my whole stay was the bed. I'd read a review of the IBIS hotel in London wher the reviewer had warned about the "firmness" of the mattress. When booking my hotel in Bridgol, I reasoned that however firm the bed's may be, surely they aren't that bad. They are! I didn't sleep at all well. The mattress ruined my night's sleep.

We opted for the buffet breakfast the next moning @£7.50. It was adequate but there are many cafe's and trendy bistros within a short walking distance of the hotel that offer better quality food at cheaper prices.

Overall. Good hotel. Shame about the beds!

• Stayed: November 2010
Ibismanager, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2010

Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about Ibis Bristol Centre. I am sorry that you did not appreciate the beds.
If you would like to discuss it further, you can contact me on h5547-gm@accor.com.

A TripAdvisor Member
Bristol
Reviewed 4 November 2010

First night - strange smell in room, almost like sulphur. Was moved. Next room was under some machinery that was incredibly noisy. Moved again to room with two single beds. Only thing offered: free drink. Should have been given more compensation. Very unhappy

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review on our hotel.
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced.
If you wish to discuss them with me, please contact me on h5547-gm@accor.com.

Emilie

A TripAdvisor Member
UK
Reviewed 3 November 2010

The Hotel team do not take into account that not all guests need to check out early. The house keeping team are too keen to clean the rooms and consistently hassle the guests to leave so they can get there work done. I will seriously consider using an alternative hotel in the future.

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for yourinterest in our hotel and your last stay with us.
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced.

Feel free to conact me on h5547-gm@accor.com if you would like to discuss further.
Best regards

Reviewed 27 October 2010

You get what it says on the tin. It's quite basic. The room is clean and a good size, the shower is pretty big!

It's a bit disorganised though. At breakfast there was a lack of cutlery and no juice.

The staff were a bit disorganised as well although they were friendly.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Ibismanager, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2010

Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Ibis Bristol Centre.
If you wish to discuss further your comments, you can contact me on h5547-gm@accor.com.