I stayed here for one night on business, and it's in a good location right by the river and a short walk from all the bars and restaurants Bristol has to offer.
I got a friendly and professional welcome (if not quite grammatically correct - "Welcome in the Mercure Bristol") and my room was pretty standard, with a big tv and mp3 connection. I was disappointed not to have a bath, but I gather none of the rooms have baths. I slept quite peacefully and although i didn't have breakfast it looked very nice in the restaurant, and the dinner menu looked very exquisite.
I booked this as it was the top rated hotel in my price range on here that had a pool, but the pool is smaller than it looks, and underground in a dingy low-lit room, and although it was a pleasant surprise to have well-equipped changing rooms, (with an avalanche shower!) it wasn't really the sort of pool that you could relax and enjoy. I was expecting a sauna and jacuzzi as part of it too, what with the hotel having the suffix 'and spa', but the spa bits were separate.
Nothing major against it, but nothing much to write about either. Oh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the hospitality of the 4 star Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa which is perfectly placed for business or leisure, be it a family break, city getaway or a fun filled adventure in this cosmopolitan metropolis. All 275 rooms are contemporary and well appointed bedrooms with large beds. The Urban Bar & Kitchen offers a vibrant and contemporary atmosphere with a fantastic open plan dining facility. Using the finest local produce, you can expect urban food, unsung heroes along with some guilty pleasures to satisfy your appetite. For ultimate relaxation and indulgence why not visit the Spa which offers various treatments, a large indoor heated pool and fitness suite. An affordable yet stylish and luxury hotel that delivers and will ensure your stay is memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Holland House Bristol Hotel Bristol
- Mercure Holland Hotel Bristol
- Accor Holland Hotel Bristol