After a weekend spent in a youth hostel in the rain in Wales, craving comfort and a swim in a pool, I booked a Prestige room at this hotel. With the promise of robes, a Nespresso machine, free internet, a free newspaper and soft drinks, we were looking forward to being pampered. Upon checking in at 5pm, we were told that the pool was closed until 7pm for lessons. The unfriendly Receptionist tried to up-sell us on every aspect of our stay +20£ for a room upgrade? “But I thought we had the best room?” “ No! There are better views in bigger rooms available that we don't advertise on websites”; “Broadband at £10 per day?” I thought we had free internet in our room? “Oh it’s only good for emails!” came the reply! I eventually negotiated free broadband codes in exchange for the closed pool. Our room, opposite the cathedral's tolling bells lacked all the extras promised, this was, however, quickly remedied by the staff. The shower was weak and very difficult to get the right temperature. We ate nearby and went for a cold swim in a dirty pool (the floodlights served only to highlight the floating bits in it), the changing rooms were dirty with overflowing bins (I had warned the reception about this earlier and nothing had changed). The car park is 12£ per night, internet is extra, the bar is expensive .... I gave exactly this feedback to reception on checking out, they apologised but made no effort to compensate us - they could have charged us for a standard double instead? Why ask how our stay was if they aren't prepared to do anything about it? This wasn’t the chilled, pampered stay we were expecting, I don't think we'll be returning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the hospitality of the 4 star Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa which is perfectly placed for business or leisure, be it a family break, city getaway or a fun filled adventure in this cosmopolitan metropolis. All 275 rooms are contemporary and well appointed bedrooms with large beds. The Urban Bar & Kitchen offers a vibrant and contemporary atmosphere with a fantastic open plan dining facility. Using the finest local produce, you can expect urban food, unsung heroes along with some guilty pleasures to satisfy your appetite. For ultimate relaxation and indulgence why not visit the Spa which offers various treatments, a large indoor heated pool and fitness suite. An affordable yet stylish and luxury hotel that delivers and will ensure your stay is memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Lastminute, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Holland House Bristol Hotel Bristol
- Mercure Holland Hotel Bristol
- Accor Holland Hotel Bristol