“Great post-Grillstock Festival Bar.”

Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Having returned to the hotel after a long day at Grillstock festival, I was delighted to see that at 1am the bar was still in full force. Despite the bar being out of stock for my first two choices of drink, the Barman made me his own, extremely satisfying concoction which definitely did the trick. Nick provided me with good quality conversation throughout the night and dealt brilliantly with a few troublesome members of one of the many hen parties at the bar, he is a brilliant young man and is a credit to the company.

In addition, I was pleased with this morning's breakfast, it provided me with that much-needed hangover cure and set me up for another day at Grillstock. Cheers!!!!!

H

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank HugoBeaver
MercureBristolHH, Manager at Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear HugoBeaver,

Thank you for your recent review and praise of Nick our barman. I know he will be delighted to read such positive feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to share this with me. I hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Karin Snoek - Operations Manager

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We paid for an executive room and were impressed with the size of the room and the bathroom with a roll top bath!!!!! The service was standard, got told on check in that I hadn't paid for the room even though I had paid in person the day before, had to wait for about 30 minutes before someone else to confirm it had been paid......
Breakfast was excellent, a large range of food and drinks to choose from.
The swimming pool was small but nice to use.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank DaniKimmings

Dear DaniKimmings,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at the Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa.

I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with your room, the pool and the breakfast. Please be assured I will review the payment issue with the team and take the appropriate actions where needed.

Karin Snoek - Operations Manager

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We visited this hotel for a hen party specifically to attend the spa. On arrival we met up in reception. We ordered teas coffees and scones. Our teas and coffees arrived .. 20 minutes later we were still enquiring as to when the scones were likely to arrive to be told that they were on the way. 30 mins after ordering scones arrived but they only had 5 .. 6 were ordered and paid for and this is a 4 star hotel??? We had to ask for more tea and coffee which was eventually given .. reluctantly free of charge.

Then to the spa which was booked through chilli sauce. This in my opinion is not a spa .. It is a beauticians. Only one basic relaxation room .. Nothing else .. Our treatments were fine but all in all a very disappointing experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
MercureBristolHH, Manager at Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Thank you for your feedback following your visit to the Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa.
Please accept my apologies for the issues you highlighted, I will follow these up with the relevant departments.

Kind Regards
Karin Snoek – Operations Manager

Reviewed 2 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Nicola K
Rmdivmanager, Manager at Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night with my husband.
The hotel staff were very helpful and where happy to do anything for you.
The hotel room was lovely and big and the bed was very comfortable however our fridge did not work in the room which was a little bit frustrating.
Breakfast was lovely and there was plenty of choice.
The location was great and only a 10 minute walk to some great shops and lovely places to eat.
Was a little disappoint with the parking charge as I was not advised of this when I placed the booking and the reason I picked the hotel was because hotel had parking.
Other than that a nice hotel to stay in.

Room Tip: Upgrade your room If you can
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alyson W

Dear Alyson,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your stay at the Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa.
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay and it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

In regards to the car park, I was dissapointed to hear that you were not made aware of the charges. We always try to make sure, where possible, that the charges are published on the various websites including our own, I will follow this up with our reservations manager.

We look forward welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards,

Operations Manager

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Sorry to write a negative review but hopefully help other people. My wife booked this as a special stay for my birthday and paid a premium rate. I have absolutely no problem with paying premium rates but if you are going to charge it earn it.
One, arrived. No easy parking signs so temporarily parked in a council car park very close by went in said where I was and if there as hotel car parking. Yes Sir. Result paid think it was £10-£12 for hotel when could have stayed for £2- £3 in council. Not the amount which is important fact is was not told. When queried was told signs advertised fact. I pointed out being told would have helped and in a four star hotel should a guest not expect parking got a shrug.
Afraid the reception staff are clearly all well trained in everything but being friendly. Simple things like have you stayed before, no I have not, so client of ours this is how hotel works etc
Room nothing special and put in one above a noisy appliance (I discretely asked for a move but no chance although no way hotel was full), bar empty - on account of prices, location not as central as it would have you believe (although smashing pub on walk), definitely not a spa hotel only a small, crowded and not overlly clean pool.
So my advise if looking for somewhere special in Bristol chose elsewhere.

Room Tip: book another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Please accept my apologies for the issues you highlighted, all of which will be addressed with the Departmental Managers.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Bristol Holland House and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Operations Manager

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here weekend of 17th May, with a group of friends, from check-in to check-out everything went smoothly, we had the first room you came to and we thought we would get disturbed but we didn't, the room was excellent, very clean with two double beds, which were very comfortable and a huge window with blackout curtains, a must for me! I thought the reception staff were exceptional, sorry didn't get any names, but although they were busy, they were friendly and helpful. I didn't use the restaurant preferring a lie in, but it looked busy. Hotel is within walking distance of some nice riverside eating places and the shops! Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank palmplace

Thank you for your very positive feedback following your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards