We visited this hotel and stayed one night as part of a Spa Hen Do. The rooms were clean and very comfortable; the bed and linen were pristine and there was plenty of room. We asked for soap for hand washing and it was brought to our room within 5 minutes. We later found that some of the nicer touches of the hotel such as water and other toiletries were not supplied in our groups' rooms possibly as a result of us booking through an agent for our celebration weekend.
The Spa was very good and our treatments were lovely although it was a little strange to go out of the back door of the hotel to the back door of an adjacent building to access the Spa itself.
We decided to have lunch in the hotel to save time. It was understandable that we had to arrange tables to accommodate 11 of us but a shortage of chairs didn't warrant such rudeness from the waitress - bar and waiting staff were very obviously in a bad mood with each other/guests and this reflected abysmally on most of us dampening the party spirit! We had almost finished our food before condiments/more cutlery arrived.
However, Bristol has an excellent night life and the girls very much enjoyed the evening in town.
The food at lunch was good but the main restaurant, open only in the evening was exemplary! The restaurant manager and staff were discreet; helpful; watchful and quite charming. The food was delicious and presentation was very good. No hesitation to tip!
Reception were helpful and very pleasant; the foyer was well dressed and very clean with a nice atmosphere. I would have happily added another 'star' on my rating if the lunch time staff had been just a little happier in their work!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the hospitality of the 4 star Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa which is perfectly placed for business or leisure, be it a family break, city getaway or a fun filled adventure in this cosmopolitan metropolis. All 275 rooms are contemporary and well appointed bedrooms with large beds. The Urban Bar & Kitchen offers a vibrant and contemporary atmosphere with a fantastic open plan dining facility. Using the finest local produce, you can expect urban food, unsung heroes along with some guilty pleasures to satisfy your appetite. For ultimate relaxation and indulgence why not visit the Spa which offers various treatments, a large indoor heated pool and fitness suite. An affordable yet stylish and luxury hotel that delivers and will ensure your stay is memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Lastminute, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Holland House Bristol Hotel Bristol
- Mercure Holland Hotel Bristol
- Accor Holland Hotel Bristol