First stay for a 3 day conference was in March. I upgraded to a privilege room. When I checked into my room it had not been cleaned from the previous guest. I was then moved to another room which was also supposed to be a privilege room but it did not have any of the extras advertised e.g.robe, upgraded toiletries, soft drinks etc. I brought this to the attention of the staff during my stay but it was not rectified. On my return I complained via the satisfaction survey explaining that I would be returning again in June for another conference. I received a swift response promising me a free upgrade to a suite in June. When booking in June I was told that the upgrade was registered on the system and the suite would be allocated on arrival. On arrival I was told they could see the upgrade recorded on the system but no suites left and no upgrade rooms either but they could offer me a drink as compensation. I emailed the manager who had promised me the suite but received no reply. The worst was yet to come. In the evening I ate with my colleagues in the restaurant. I was second in the queue at the desk to pay on completion of the meal however I was totally ignored until the person in front of me and the people behind me had paid. When I queried why I was being ignored the waitress started ranting about it not being her job to take money but she had been forced to do so because the manager was ill. As interesting as this is to her it is of no concern of mine. It was only at that point that it dawned on me that I was the only person of colour in the queue. So my advice is stay well clear of this hotel if you are blessed with melanin. It would seem from my experiences that even if you can afford to pay, you will not receive a 4 star service if you are of colour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the hospitality of the 4 star Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa which is perfectly placed for business or leisure, be it a family break, city getaway or a fun filled adventure in this cosmopolitan metropolis. All 275 rooms are contemporary and well appointed bedrooms with large beds. The Urban Bar & Kitchen offers a vibrant and contemporary atmosphere with a fantastic open plan dining facility. Using the finest local produce, you can expect urban food, unsung heroes along with some guilty pleasures to satisfy your appetite. For ultimate relaxation and indulgence why not visit the Spa which offers various treatments, a large indoor heated pool and fitness suite. An affordable yet stylish and luxury hotel that delivers and will ensure your stay is memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Lastminute, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Superbreak UK, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Holland House Bristol Hotel Bristol
- Mercure Holland Hotel Bristol
- Accor Holland Hotel Bristol