Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa
Agoda.com
US$94
US$91
  • Restaurant
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$73
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$91
US$96
US$93
2,842 results
All reviewsswimming poolseparate buildingprivilege roomcity centrehen partiesoffice blocktwo double bedstrouser pressgood sizeper nightan upgradefamily roomcar parkingsunday morningcoffee machinestayed here for one nightbuffet style
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Arrived at this hotel early evening and was greeted with a welcome smile, reception was very efficient at getting me checked in and in a matter of minutes I was off to my room and wow....

The room was very smart with a contemporary feeling and a amazing view. The furnishing were extremely clean and well presented including a very comfortable armchair and foot stool, so much so I almost fell asleep in it watching a film.

Breakfast was the usual buffet but there was nothing tired about any of it, it all looked and tasted fresh.

On the down side, there was not enough parking on site for the number of rooms in the hotel, had to park in a back street, if you do park it is £12 for the day... ouch.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
MercureBristolHH, Manager at Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Bristol Holland House. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

hotel ok booked in to reception who informed me that we had to pay £12 to keep the car on the hotel carpark. If you do not pay then you have to find street parking. They need to put car parking charging on their web site and the cost. There was also a large coach party bookings ehen we were trying to book in and only one lift from the basement where you come in from the carpark. Waited a long time for the lift as reception is on the first floor and the lift fills up with people from there. Not great if you have any mobility problems.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Colin H

Thank you for your recent review.
Our car park is chargeable at £12.00 overnight and we publish the prices when you enter the car park and our website explains that it is payable. I was disappointed to read you were not aware before you arrived.
In regards to the lift, I am sorry to hear that you arrived during one of our peak times and I will pick this up with the relevant members of the team to see if we can address any of the areas.

I hope we can welcome you back to Bristol in the near future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the Mercure Bristol Holland House for three nights.

Four things wrong:

1. When we were checked in they gave us the pass keys. Nothing unusual there of course but when we went to the room we found that a guest was already staying in that room. Fortunately they weren't actually in the room at the time. Returned to the desk to advise them of the mistake and we were upgraded. I think it was the unwitting occupant of the first room that deserved the upgrade!

2. The upgraded room was quite nice tbh but only had one bath towel for two days of the stay so housekeeping had to be informed. Can never get my head around this one. Two ppl staying equals two bath towels. It's not rocket science is it?

3. No hairdrier. Again a phone call to the desk.

4. At 2315 of our last night there's a knock on the door with room service which we didn't order! "No, just go away, we didn't order room service and we need to be up early tomorrow morning" says I.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan B

Thank you for your feedback following your visit to the Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa..
Please accept my apologies for the issues you highlighted, all of which will be addressed with the Departmental Managers.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

First impressions were good on arrival,large car park and welcoming staff.Then things started to change.The room had a dirty towel on the floor in the bathroom,only 1 milk carton and 1 tea bag this was put right on request.Went to put something in the safe and found it bolted on to the floor and had to go on hands and knees to be able to open it. The restaurant was busy and nobody seemed to be in charge with requests for the table to be cleared of used plates so we could get our next course were answered with a nod and nothing done for several minutes.The food was adequate but the restaurant needs a good manager to sort it out.The facilities are excellent but could not recommend it for more than a one or two night stay

Room Tip: Don't take 369
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
MercureBristolHH, Manager at Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Bristol Holland House, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Bristol Holland House and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

being a regular guest I was warned on check in that the restaurant would be bombed do to two large tour parties having checked in. I suggested room service and was told that would be a good idea. I probebly forgot the tray charge but thought under teh circumstances it would be waived. You guessed right it wasnt. Good up selling £5 more and total for meal and one drink was £32.00 and I only had fish and chips and an ice cream sundae. Going out in future

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you raised. These points will be addressed with the Departmental Managers concerned.

Karin Snoek - Operations Mnaager