This hotel is a five minute taxi drive from Temple Meads Station in Bristol and a 15 minute walk into the town. The building looks like a converted office block, but don't let that put you off. The public areas and bedrooms are all stylishly designed and furnished.
Check in was efficient, with an international group of staff. I was offered parking at £12 a night. The room rate, booked with Booking.com and so accruing a discount, was £73 for bed and breakfast. I had asked for a quiet room and this was duly provided.
The bedroom was a good size and well appointed, with air conditioning. The bed was very comfortable and gave me a good night's sleep. There is a well-lit and good working area, an iron and ironing board, tea and coffee making facilities (with biscuits for those who are peckish), an empty (discreetly built in) fridge and a safe to store valuables. What else could one want? Well, a small quibble: although the room had a large, modern flat-screen TV, which allowed you to watch the main stations and listen to several radio channels, it did not have access to Radio 4 - which I thought odd for an hotel which is full of business people.
The shower room was stylishly designed and had good quality towels and toiletries (although the loo paper was slightly on the harder side).
Breakfast had a good range of dishes available and, in addition to the buffet, one could order kippers, smoked salmon and scrambled egg, etc, seemingly at no additional cost. The bread was of good quality - always a test of a good breakfast. The staff did seem a bit over stretched and my table was a bit sticky, but apart from that, it was a great way to start the morning.
The hotel also has a small gym and swimming pool, for those who want to relax.
I have stayed in other hotels in Bristol and this was definitely one of the best, especially for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the hospitality of the 4 star Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa which is perfectly placed for business or leisure, be it a family break, city getaway or a fun filled adventure in this cosmopolitan metropolis. All 275 rooms are contemporary and well appointed bedrooms with large beds. The Urban Bar & Kitchen offers a vibrant and contemporary atmosphere with a fantastic open plan dining facility. Using the finest local produce, you can expect urban food, unsung heroes along with some guilty pleasures to satisfy your appetite. For ultimate relaxation and indulgence why not visit the Spa which offers various treatments, a large indoor heated pool and fitness suite. An affordable yet stylish and luxury hotel that delivers and will ensure your stay is memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Superbreak UK, Lastminute, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Holland House Bristol Hotel Bristol
- Mercure Holland Hotel Bristol
- Accor Holland Hotel Bristol