We stayed at the Mecure House hotel for one night, whilst attending a conference. Arriving at 9.30am, a nice surprise was being handed our room cards at reception as we’d already been checked in, (I don’t know if it was the hotel that organised this, or conference organisers) after a four hour journey it was nice to go straight to our rooms before attending the conference. The reception staff were efficient and friendly.
The hotel only opened in May 2007, and the rooms were modern, clean and well appointed, with LCD TV, Fridge/Minibar, Ironing Board and Iron, telephone on the desk and beside the bed. Free internet access was available in the room, if you didn’t have an Ethernet cable with you, they were available from reception. Internet access was a bit slow, but useable.
The bathroom was very clean, and had a huge shower, with a good flow.
The room windows don’t open, instead each room has air conditioning, I didn’t have any problems with it, though would have liked to have been able to open a window.
During my stay I made use of room service, the first two times I rang I could not get room service to answer, the second time the receptionist put me through to the restaurant, this was at 1pm in the afternoon, by the time my meal arrived I had to rush to eat it before returning to the conference I was attending. When the food arrived it was nice and hot, I also ordered a pot of tea, which came with a jug of fresh milk. The pot had enough tea for three cups, will plenty of milk left over, so I put the jug of milk in my fridge for later.
In conclusion an excellent hotel, but my experience with room service means I can’t give it the full five stars. But certainly would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the hospitality of the 4 star Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa which is perfectly placed for business or leisure, be it a family break, city getaway or a fun filled adventure in this cosmopolitan metropolis. All 275 rooms are contemporary and well appointed bedrooms with large beds. The Urban Bar & Kitchen offers a vibrant and contemporary atmosphere with a fantastic open plan dining facility. Using the finest local produce, you can expect urban food, unsung heroes along with some guilty pleasures to satisfy your appetite. For ultimate relaxation and indulgence why not visit the Spa which offers various treatments, a large indoor heated pool and fitness suite. An affordable yet stylish and luxury hotel that delivers and will ensure your stay is memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Holland House Bristol Hotel Bristol
- Mercure Holland Hotel Bristol
- Accor Holland Hotel Bristol