2,986 results
All reviews swimming pool privilege room separate building city centre hen parties office block two double beds trouser press good size the hotel car park air con per night an upgrade family room sunday morning coffee machine stayed here for one night
Reviewed 1 February 2009

Having a business meeting in Bristol, we decided to treat ourselves to a night in a good hotel. The room was good, once we switched on the heating and aired it. Electricity to the room is controlled by the key so heat went off when we went out so the freezing cycle restarted! Public rooms seemed without heat too. People sitting in coats! Worst of all was the restaurant. We had booked dinner, bed and breakfast. On this basis, selection at dinner was almost nonexistent. Main course came with no veg and without warning that this would be the case. It was also swimming in fat. We were both up all night ill! Bill for dinner and wine was presented despite inclusive rate. It was in excess of £75. Breakfast, according to reception and printed literature ran until 10 but staff (with limiled English) started telling guests that it had finished at 9.30.
Accor hotels abroad have always been good but this hotel is a really weak link.
There are plenty of other hotels in Bristol - AVOID THIS ONE!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank MKCD
Reviewed 30 January 2009

I spent 5 nights in this hotel while on a work training course.

Check in was easy enough but all this consisted of was me being given an envelope with my room keycard. No advice was given on meal times, room location etc.

Hotel is well presented and clean. My room was nice enough. Not very big but it had a large bed, flat screen tv with selected channels and a nice bathroom. There was a kettle with coffee and tea, plenty of towels and and an iron, ironing board and trouser press.

I visited the restaurant for my dinner on an evening as my company paid for this. The first night we were seated and then another member of my group turned up a few minutes later so we asked a waitress if we could move to a larger table with another place setting. She was umming and said we couldn't even though only one other table in the whole restaurant was occupied! Luckily her supervisor heard the conversation and came over and sorted us out a larger table.

We were given the menu which is very limited, there were about 5 main dishes to choose from, 2 were fish, one lamb, one beef and one vegetarian. My friend asked if she could order food from the bar side as she didn't like the choices but the same unhelpful waitress said 'no'. There were 5 of us in the party and our meals took about one hour to come which taking into account only one other table was occupied was a long time.
Although the senior waiter did let us know we would be getting our food soon and brought us bread.

When the food came I was a little shocked at the portion size, smaller than a starter! I know posh food is small portions but I don't know how it was ever going to fill any of us up but luckily we had the bread! Also my food was hardly warm, I think it must have been sat for ages before being brough to me.

The wine was very nice although at £6.20 for one glass I expected it to be! Another shock for me as that is nearly triple what a pub charges.

Breakfast was better. Buffett style with the normal cooked options, cereals, pastries and fruit.

Check out was quick and easy.

One thing that is lacking on the front desk is pleases and thank you's! I am in a profession where I have to provide excellent customer service and I think it is nice to hear thank you's from reception and/or welcomes, hope you enjoyed your stay etc!! They took my room key on checking out and simply said 'that's fine' and nothing else.

I didn't use the spa facilities but the pool was cold and I felt unsafe swimming alone as it was in a basement.

I would not pay to go to this hotel due to the poor service and over pricing of food and drinks.

This is the first time I've had cause to write a negative review about anywhere I've been.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Newvastlemonkey
Reviewed 13 January 2009

We stayed at the Holland for 2 nights and the hotel was good value for money. The check in was excellent and the rooms were clean with all the usual facilities. Nothing spectacular but quiet and well furnished. The check in staff were very accommodating and went out of there way to help. They recommended a fabulous pub/restaurant down the road one night for us as well as taxis, etc, etc. I’d have no problems staying here again. It is good value. The bar was a bit open and cold however. They could improve on this.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Diarmaid
Reviewed 8 January 2009

We booked in for 2 nights for 30th Dec - 1st Jan.

Wonderful service, beautiful room, very quiet swimming pool, low lights and very relaxing.

Huge room, two double beds, plush decor, massive bath!!

Very child friendly for our toddler.

Lots of noise on new yrs eve, we complained to a very rude receptionist :-( But I then spoke to the Duty manger, a lovely man, very understanding and he offered us a free night and meal at restaurant! :-)

A very satisfied customer....well recommended, we will go there again!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Fairybeads
Reviewed 5 January 2009

Stayed here for a night between Christmas & New Year 2008 on a room only basis. Rooms were modern & spacious with a great bathroom (although one of the towels was badly stained) Convienient for city centre shopping & various restaurants in the nearby waterfront area (we ate at a good pub "The Hole in the Wall" just a couple of minutes away). Recommended

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple