2,968 results
All reviews swimming pool privilege room separate building city centre hen parties office block two double beds trouser press good size air con the hotel car park per night an upgrade family room sunday morning coffee machine stayed here for one night
Reviewed 6 March 2009

This hotel is very good, with comfy well lit rooms, great bar area, and superb breakfast.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. Turn right when leaving the hotel and you are within 5 minutes walk of the city centre and 3 minutes from the waterfront bars and restaurants.

My only problem with this hotel is its location because when you turn left, within 100m of the hotel you encounter the less pleasant side of a great city.

Although I enjoyed my stay at the hotel, I would probably not stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2009

My boyfriend and I made a reservation for the Holland House Hotel and Spa for our Anniversary and we delighted that we did so. I requested an early check in as we were flying into Bristol for around midday. On arrival not only was our room ready but we were offered an upgraded room for a small price which we took. The room was spotlessly clean, spacious and the beds were amazingly comfortable.

The Reception staff made us feel welcome as soon as we walked through the door. They answered all questions regarding places to eat and see and they were the most helpful staff that I have come across when checking into a hotel.

Neither of us lives in the UK and had never been to Bristol before so we were looking for somewhere that was close to the City Centre. The location was fabulous. Five minute walk to the City Centre and five minute walk to the beautiful Harbourside.

The Bar staff were extremely friendly. The Housekeeping staff stopped me in the corridor to make sure I knew where I was heading. The Bar staff were equally as friendly

The room was fabulous and the peaceful swimming pool was a lovely treat.

The one and only thing I would fault the hotel on would be the breakfast arrangements in the morning. When we went down for breakfast the queue was lined up outside of the Restaurant and into Reception as the Restaurant was unable to facilitate the high numbers for breakfast.

Would it not have been for the breakfast arrangement I would have given the hotel 10/10. Other than that, would recommend The Holland House Hotel.

We will be returning to Bristol as we fell in love with the City and we will be checking in to the Holland House Hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lollie84
Reviewed 16 February 2009

Stayed here as a stop-over in Bristol on way towards Devon for wedding.

Friday night, very nice room (although our room was an upgraded one with larger bed and more space). Room had fridge, flatscreen tv with freeview, safe, trouserpress etc. Nice bathroom with good sized bath and shower. Very nice decor with a walnut style wood throughout the room. Had a modern look and nice open feel, long window with view out over church.

Room was very warm when we first checked in and needed to turn down the thermostat/AC, but it cooled down then. (this was just after all the snowstorms so understandable they had them on full).

Parking cost £10 for the night in a secure hotel carpark. Swimming pool had ambient green/red lighting, was a bit warm, but good size.

Breakfast was nice buffet, plenty to choose from. Was included with the room price, but I think about £10 a head if not.

Short walk down to a very nice bar on the River (just over the bridge/river on left), called Severnshed. Other good bars/restaurants near there, about 5mins walj from hotel. We walked onto the older part of town where there are lots of stalls and cafes. Very cool.

Would recommend this hotel. We got a very reasonable price which made it that bit better. Spa is in seperate building. Didn't check it out.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Major_Cheese
Reviewed 12 February 2009

This is a fantastic hotel, i wanted a weekend away just to unwind and relax. From the moment i walked into the hotel and was greeted at the front desk i was made to feel very welcome. I arrived early in the day and the room wasn't quite ready so the girl behind the desk offered to store my luggaeg for me. This was fine as we wanted to go and look around the shops any way.
When we got back to the hotel we went to our room which was lovely. A big king size bed and a lovely big bathroom with a stand alone bath. We dined in the restauarant that night and the food was delicious, the manager on duty was very attentive and looked after all our needs. Breakfast in the morning was very busy but didnt take long to be seated, the buffet had a good range of cold products along with the hot buffet which was very nice, very dangerous as you can eat as much as you like!
All in all my stay at the hotel was very good and i iwould definatly recommend this hotel to my friends and family and hope to return soon myself.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kernow_9
Reviewed 9 February 2009

The receptionist was helpful in switching our rooms after we requested a room with a bath. The room was very spacious and was furnished in a modern fashion. The bath was a good size and the free toiletries were welcome. We tried out the pool and it was a little too cold for my liking but nice pool anyway. The breakfast was the highlight as there was a huge selection from the tasty buffet- English breakfast, freshly cut fruit, danishes, fresh loaves of bread, jams and fresh orange juice.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Lil86