“Going beyond the call of duty”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
Lindfield Guest House
Ranked #20 of 53 Bristol B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed at Lindfield Guest House for one night whilst away on a training course and found the room very clean and comfortable. I stayed in the double room with en-suite at Wendy's recommendation (being a lone female guest) and really appreciated the hot shower and having the bathroom all to myself (having been put through my paces in a hot gym studio the whole day I wanted a long shower without worrying about being a bathroom hog!)
I found the wifi easy to connect to and was able to get on with work for my course which was fantastic. In the morning the staff were more than happy to alter breakfast to suit my fussy needs and I wasn't made to feel like the 'awkward guest' at all, nothing seemed too much trouble and to top it all off, when I returned home and discovered I'd left my Iphone 5 charger in my room, I emailed Wendy who was happy to return it to me in the post! Super lady, super guest house and super staff. This is definitely going to be my first choice of guest house next time I am back in Bristol.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room at the back of the house and didn't hear any traffic noise from Bath Road at...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Lindfield Guest House

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stayed in this B & B for 2 nights and was made to feel very welcome. We had a twin room overlooking the garden at the back of the B & B, which was quiet and we did not hear too much of the traffic on Bath Road. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortbale. The bathroom is newly refurbished and also very clean. The room had tea and coffee making facilities and extra was provided upon request. The B & B is ideally located to Bristol, Bath and surrounding areas.

As we stayed here on the weekend we could park in front, however there are 2 parking spaces at the back of the B & B.

Overall we had a very enjoyable stay and would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Bring your own hair dryer. Ask for a room at the back of the B & B if possible as Bath Road can...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janinajes
Reviewed 11 November 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night and were greeted by the owner Wendy who was very friendly and showed us to our room which had been refurbished and was very clean. Good to have Sky sports too. Breakfast was very good and hot. Would return again.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2012

i spent 13 months in bristol working last year and stayed at wendy's place throughout my assignment. i am so glad that i did. Firstly its the best valued hotel/B/B in central bristol with room prices starting at 30 pounds which includes breakfast. the location is great on the bath road which is quiet and conveniently located for quick access into the town centre and temple meads railway station forget those jokers at hotel ibis/travel lodge etc who will charge you 60 pounds for the same standard room with no breakfast. wendy has wonderful rooms which have all been updated. they are spacious with a tv , cable and coffee facilities . i of course stayed in a variety of her rooms which were all modern and on par with a decent 3 star hotel . there is private parking which was great for my scooter . the staff were wonderful at keeping the rooms tidy and well presented everyday. i could not fault the work of jenny and her colleagues. wendy is your proverbial host
always ready to help and ensure that your stay is comfortable. It was a shame to leave them
as the hotel became a second home for me. i will definitely be returning there in the future

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank hena27
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I was working in Bristol and stayed here for approx 12 weeks Mon to Fri and was recommended to this Guest house by another work colleague. The refurbished rooms are simple but modern.
Breakfast is included in the very reasonable rate and with some off-street parking at rear with on-street parking easy (and free) when full.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished rooms
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Barrie_Humphries
Reviewed 15 October 2010

We spent one night at the lindfield bed and breakfast, arriving after a long day in nearby Bath. The owner (Linda) was waiting for us and was very nice. however, the room (family room in the attic) was small, and not very clean. the bathroom were in poor shape. breakfast was average minus. the strange thing was the fact that heating was off, and Linda told us it is usual in England in late September. We travelled for two more weeks, and in every B&B the heating was on. Anyway, the night was very cold... The price (90 £) was simply not worth it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Janlisa, Manager at Lindfield Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2010

In response to this review, firstly Id like to point out that nobody called Linda works at Lindfield, the owners name is Wendy!!
Secondly our family room is quite large with a double bed 2 single beds and a sofa plus storage space. The rooms are cleaned everyday and this room was cleaned before the guests arrived and was in no way dirty!
The bathroom attached has a bath and shower, basin and wc Im unsure what else this guest would require?
The heating is set on a timer so the room would have been warm when the guest arrived then on again at intervals during the evening and night.
We serve a full english breakfast with vegetarian option.
Lastly I would like to comment on the price, I have spoken to Wendy and we have gone through our accounts and we have NEVER charged 90 pounds for the family room the maximum cost would be 80 pounds.
To sum up this review I feel this is a mixture of more than 1 guest house as time sometimes fogs the memory.

Reviewed 19 August 2010

We stayed here because it was cheap and we just needed a place to sleep rather than to spend any real time in.

The rooms seemed small, and the bathrooms tiny. The decor was like stepping into a time warp - great for a laugh, but you wouldn't want to spend too much time looking at it. We stayed on a saturday night and were told that breakfast was served at 7.30 - 8 o'clock - a sign in the hall suggested there was a longer service on a sunday but when we asked the owner tried to get out of serving it any later. In the end she grudgingly agreed, but it wasn't great service.

The breakfast was perfectly fine though, and the staff in the morning very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple